Customized difficulty level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customized difficulty level

Whereas we have customized maps and rules in civ2, why not have customized difficulty level? There are 4 basic parameters:

Human player happiness: from settler level to diety level(maybe higher?)

AI happiness: same as above

AI production handicap: 50%/100%/150%/200% of shield required to build a unit/wonder

AI barbarian resistance: 50%/100%/150%/200% of comabat value of unit when against barbarians

There could be more in the list but the ideas are similar.

This way the game could be a lot more versatile where we could tune the difficulty to learn to play better and quicker.

Not bad. You could also include how many techs you/AI start with Also number of settlers AI starts with.

------------------
    Its okay to smile; you're in America now
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I like this idea a lot too. How many times I wanted to play the smartest AI without those annoying happiness handicaps. And in Call to Power, the AI intelligence was decent on impossible level, but always started with a ton of techs and settlers, on the lower level it started with less but was too stupid to even play against. With difficulty customization all these problems are solved ... this is a great idea!

[This message has been edited by Timeline (edited May 08, 2001).]

Comment

In imperialism 2 you get to customize the difficulty level and in my experience it is great.
        Should be in civ III (I wonder if I could customize difficulty levels that come whit my scenarios).
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
        X