No announcement yet.

usage of raw numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want nice graphics as well as I want detailed information about, for example, how much food my cities are producing - in NUMBERS.

Comment

You can have your numbers, just let them be colored so that those of us who don't really care about the exact numbers, but the relative amounts can just look and compair. So if a city is producing abundant surplus food than it would have a green number for it's food, yellow for 0-1 suprlus, and red for deficit.
      I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Looking at the screenshot you provided, space seems to be the problem. I too would like to see both graphical representation and actual numbers, but it doesn't look like their layout (which looks like the screen from CTP) will allow icons.

It is true, however, that the city screen screenshot uses icons for food, etc.... so I don't see what the problem is, we have both already!

------------------
        - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I rather have numbers than only images...

i would appreciate colored backgrounds like in civ2 (like the support, waste and production shields in the bar)

Combinations are usually the best thing to show stuff..
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I would also like a combination of graphics and numbers. The graphics to give me an overview and the numbers to micromanage.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cyclotron7 on 05-04-2001 11:54 AM
              Looking at the screenshot you provided, space seems to be the problem. I too would like to see both graphical representation and actual numbers, but it doesn't look like their layout (which looks like the screen from CTP) will allow icons.

Well, obviously they HAVE to redesign that game-screen (and others) of course. I have read somewhere that they are only about 50% complete with the overall game.

quote:

It is true, however, that the city screen screenshot uses icons for food, etc.... so I don't see what the problem is, we have both already!

Have I missed something here? Do you refer to that "Domestic advisor" screen? If NOT, please give me a direct link to that other screenshot instead.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ralf on 05-04-2001 04:04 PM
                Have I missed something here?

I have found it: http://www.pczone.co.uk/guest/newrev....php3?id=33692

What can I say? Nice! But where are the tile-output & allocation info?
                [This message has been edited by Ralf (edited May 04, 2001).]

Comment

Ralf, I'm glad you found it. I don't see the big debate here, since it appears that both icons and numbers are used.

I couldn't tell you where the tile allocation icons are, but I have three hypothesises:

1) They are somehow on a seperate subscreen you can reach through a button, a la CTP.
                  2) They exist, but have been removed in this picture to show us eager gamers a bit of Civ3 terrain.
                  3) They do not exist... but I don't see how this could work.

------------------
                  - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Thanks for the support so far.

I dont spend that much time here, I was just curious how my last thread did? Glad I found it on page 2 (topmost).

About maximizing output of a city:
                    You know what, I liked CtP's maximize buttons very much! I used them frequently, under normal circumstances I optimized for food. When I needed production I just clicked on production and it would find me the best setting to maximize my production. Great thing that is!
                    The only drawback was, that you had to click on every single city to maximize it own its own. Some more batch operation would have been useful.
                    Also I couldnt see to what the city was maximized in the city screen. Another major drawback.

Ata

Comment

Working...
                    X