Destroying the UN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroying the UN

Ok I’m in an interesting situation in my current game, to cut a long story short, me the most powerful civ along with 3 allied civ’s are at war with the Egyptians, anyway I’m suffering from major war wariness and I would like peace, there lies the predicament and the question: the Egypt has the UN, if I sign peace with them and betray my allies then, they wouldn’t back me in the UN vote, which Egypt wont call while at war.

The only option is to race to Thebes and burn it and the UN to the ground…. My question is this does the destruction of the UN, null the Vote? In addition, is it a true assumption to assume the Egyptians wont call a UN vote whiles at war with me and 3 other civs? and is it true to assume that if I break my alliances and sign a peace my allies wont vote for me?

The vote shouldn't happen if the U.N. is destroyed.
    The Egyptians might call a vote they might not. It is sometimes hard to tell what the A.I. will do.
    Breaking your alliance shouldn't hurt you all that much, though someone else will need to answer this one.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

has anyone tested destroying the city with the UN in as a way to stop the vote from happening?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if you raze the UN you raze the chance for diplomatic victory. But you needn't to go so far. I think that if you just capture it you have the chance of vote in your hands.
        I wish for a custom avatar - it would give me some individuality.
        I am a dissenter of the required first/last name fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Naiveplayer
          I'm pretty sure that if you raze the UN you raze the chance for diplomatic victory. But you needn't to go so far. I think that if you just capture it you have the chance of vote in your hands.
          and the risk of it flipping
          Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

nuke em
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

i actually did nuke them, haha burned the UN down, haha funny the rest of the world didnt seam to mind me nuking the UN and killing all their diplomats.......

anyway im thinking a quest to destroy the UN might be a viable tactic in all my games for stopping the vote, sign alliances with most other civs against whoever builds it on the turn its built....

Comment

Originally posted by Avaron
                i actually did nuke them, haha burned the UN down, haha funny the rest of the world didnt seam to mind me nuking the UN and killing all their diplomats.......

anyway im thinking a quest to destroy the UN might be a viable tactic in all my games for stopping the vote, sign alliances with most other civs against whoever builds it on the turn its built....
                Wow, I really hope the developers put in a MAJOR rep hit if you raze the city that has the U.N.

Comment

It ought to be much easier to just build it yourself!

Comment

yeah i usualy do, just got beat to it this time, made them pay though, as i say if another civ builds the UN before me then they are just drawing a target on there own heads!

Originally posted by Jaybe

It ought to be much easier to just build it yourself!

Comment

All the diplos probably returned to their own countries during the war.
                      badams

Comment

Build the UN first to win peacfully.

If they beat you to it, Kill for peace!!!
                        "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

In my experience, breaking an alliance (or perhaps especially multiple alliances at once) at least can make your former allies Furious with you.

Comment

PILLAGE AND RAZE!
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Do like US: Ignore it. Or like France: Block it.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X