Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will There Be a Macintosh Port of Civ III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacUser, et al.:

My promise still stands — if a Macintosh port of Civilization III is made, it's mine. I was also among those who worked with Brian Nesse when he was busy writing corrective patches to Civilization II Gold. We didn't solve all the problems (one would've required ripping out the multi-player capability to solve), but I did get a copy of Civilization: Call to Power from the time, and also got an idea of what programming can be like.

CYBERAmazon

(P.S. Sorry for the months-long wait, MacUser. I simply forgot about this thread after October 2000 and was a bit surprised to see it still active into March 2001.)
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I can also promise that if a Mac version comes out, and my system (a 450 MHz G3 iMac) can run it, I will buy it.

Murgatroyd
      One year at Apolyton with the same username and location!

Comment

Henrik: As far as I know Firaxis has yet always used MS DirectX Interface for their games. Now the prob is that when you have the MAC version you cant MP-play with Windows versions (if they use DirectPlay, which I am sure they will do).

Ata

Comment

Atahualpa:

I'd just be happy with a standard port to the Macintosh. Multi-player is nice, really, but being a Macintosh user means one is pleased oftentimes to just have the game. If it has multi-player compatible with Windows and/or other Macintosh machines, then that's icing on the cake, IMHO.

CYBERAmazon
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

It's Firaxis! I can expect top-notch quality and support

ATa

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by CYBERAmazon on 03-25-2001 05:31 PM
              MacUser, et al.:

My promise still stands — if a Macintosh port of Civilization III is made, it's mine...

CYBERAmazon

(P.S. Sorry for the months-long wait, MacUser. I simply forgot about this thread after October 2000 and was a bit surprised to see it still active into March 2001.)

Me too! And I'm always happy to be the "Gad fly" that bumps up this thread!

Ata:

The nVidia GeForce3 (note the3! ) is coming to the Mac platform FIRST!!! It will be available this spring in the built-to-order G4 towers. The downside to the current fanless iMac is that it has to hold back on video card power otherwise things get too hot. High-end gaming has to go to the G4 towers. This info comes via MacAddict.

By the way, Civ2 MGE plays great in OS X Classic environment! Now we just need a Linux/OS X port!

Edit: cut ignorant comment about DirectX. Sounds like it is and will continue to be a big deal. Allegedly the MS X Box is named after DirectX and it will push the format hard.

------------------
              Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
              - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
              [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited April 05, 2001).]
              "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Monthly bump just to keep the suggestion alive...

------------------
                Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
                - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
                "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Hopefully someone somewhere making the game will listen...
                  No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Not a Mac user, but know and understand the passion - my friends all own macs. Whoever is publishing the title (I think it is Infogames at this time) would be foolish not to port Civ III to Mac soon after release.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                    X