Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe civ-specific units are in!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe civ-specific units are in!?!?

After all the discussion on threads about civ-specific units revealed that most civers didn't want civ-specific units, I can't believe Firaxis still decided to go with them! Have civers changed their minds since the last thread on this topic, or do Firaxis believe they are on to a winner that will convert even the most diehard opposition!?!

NOOO! Civ specific units, I say now and forever, will be the downfall of this game if implemented! We have talked and talked about how bad an idea is this, but why are they not listening? Are they really going to do this, Fan? Who said they are? Are you sure? I certainly hope not...

------------------
    - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Please now. I was enjoying a beautiful ice cream and I see this about unique units and it ruined my taste.

Are we 110% sure there will be unique units?

Firaxis RECONSIDER. Everyone will play the Germans because of the advanced tanks (or something).

No unique units uber alles.
      Don't ruin it now.

Comment

I think the civ-specific units would be cool if it is balenced out well, it will make it have a AOE II feel to it as long as it is balenced well.

Comment

Yeah, right. If I wanted AOE II I would buy it. Why would I ever want the same "feel" of a game in a completely different game? Civ-specific bonuses are tried and false, from what I hear of SMAC. More and more, I am beginning to piece together a terrible truth. 7 civ limit... civ-spec bonuses... From what I gather, we may be dealing with the old SMAC engine in a new body... Civ3!

------------------
          - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by paiktis22 on 04-28-2001 11:17 PM

Firaxis RECONSIDER. Everyone will play the Germans because of the advanced tanks (or something).

If playing the Germans makes them happy, then does it really matter?

I do understand what everyone's saying tho. Maybe civ-specific units could be an OPTION.

------------------
            "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
            -Thomas A. Edison
            [This message has been edited by Sabre2th (edited April 29, 2001).]

Comment

As I said I have nothing against playing the Germans (tanks) or Americans (planes).

But not because Firaxis screwd up

Comment

You must be joking.

Firaxis, please make these units optional. I think they would be fun in scenarios, but I don't want them in the main game.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by paiktis22 on 04-29-2001 01:02 AM
                  As I said I have nothing against playing the Germans (tanks) or Americans (planes).

But not because Firaxis screwd up

Fine, then.

------------------
                  "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sabre2th on 04-29-2001 01:05 AM
                    We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
                    -Thomas A. Edison

All I know is that I don't know anything.

Plato

Comment

"...whereas I am aware that I know nothing"
                      is Socrates, not Plato.
                      Plato quoted Socrates during Socrates' defense/trial

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nemo on 04-29-2001 01:33 AM
                        "...whereas I am aware that I know nothing"
                        is Socrates, not Plato.
                        Plato quoted Socrates during Socrates' defense/trial

You little smart ass , you should know that Socrates did not existed but was a fictional character for Plato's philosophical theories

Edit: «We do not need unique units»

Paiktis22, 2001.

[This message has been edited by paiktis22 (edited April 29, 2001).]

Comment

Gawd this is retarded. Might as well not let certain civs research certain things. Like the mongols are ever going to get planes. This is HORRIBLE. I can't believe the people at firaxis had so much to work with and ****eD it up so bad =( This was a bad decission. Does it matter that it isn't what anyone wants? nope. will they change it? nope. i was so excited about this game for so long, and now i won't even buy it...
                          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Man, I really HOPE this is TRUE!!! You see, I was one of those guys in the minority who WANTS unique units. It's a GREAT IDEA! Now, I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere, but if it's true, I'm beginning to really like the way Civ3 is shaping up. Fewer civs but more unique civs. Love it love it love.

All this assumes incredible game balancing etc. But I'm starting to really like these rumors... O.K. You can all hate me know, but wait until you see how much you'll like this stuff.
                            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 04-29-2001 06:57 AM
                              You see, I was one of those guys in the minority who WANTS unique units. It's a GREAT IDEA! Now, I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere

I hope you will become the subject of the tyranny of the majority yin26

But is it confirmed that there will be unique civs? Anyone knows for sure?

Comment

Working...
                              X