Trade Embargoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The advantages are as follows:

Chieftain/Warlord: AI's production and research costs more than the human's.
    Regent: Level playing field.
    Monarch/Emporer/Diety: AI's production and research cost less than the human's.

The AI will also be more generous with the other AIs when making deals on higher levels compared to what they would be willing to except from the human.

So on Chieftain and Warlord, the game is actually tilted in your favor (thus "cheating" for you, if that's the way you want to characterize it).
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Thanks,
      What have happened so far is that in warlord I can´t trade that much and I guess I'll have to change my patterns of early game 'cause other civ's are much more agressive so I think I'll be building more military and forget a bit about cultural improvements.
      "Run you fools this is too big even for me" Gandalf the Grey
      "You shall govern as the hawk does with inferior birds, with cleaver eyes, strong claws..." Duke Leto Atreides

Comment

I think I'll be building more military and forget a bit about cultural improvements.
        I've been trying this, but, at least for me, I always end up the weakest nation of the ancient ages. Builder to the core.

As a fan of the Egiptians, I begin lacking two of the most important techs for urly rushing, Bronze Working and Warrior Code. Having to research them takes valuable time that I could spend trashing down civs, and usually I don't get lucky in trading and hut-scavenging.

When you get the practice, tell me some clues.

Comment

Thanks Pedrojedi,

I've got tired of those egypcians, so quitted and started a new scenario with 8 civs and I'm the Aztecs, (mother culture you see), and this time I'm doing much better, I was going really bad being 7th but then I've got a golden Age and now I'm rated 4th, but again I'm becoming weak, so I'm focusing on getting more military units so I think that in 20 or 30 more turns, rigth now I'm about to end the middle ages, I'll be beating away the iroquies, my weakest neghborgh.

What I've done so far that has worked is that I'm not spending to much on science, 20% only but I'm hunting whose get the newest tech and buy it no matter the cost, then right away in the same turn I resell to every body else and end up with a little profit which I'm using to rush those basic buildings in my farthest colonies, temples, barracks and so while my more productive cities are bulding military or wonders.

So I'll call again tomorrow and tell you how it worked.

One last question is there a way of getting a second golden age?
          "You shall govern as the hawk does with inferior birds, with cleaver eyes, strong claws..." Duke Leto Atreides

Comment

One last question is there a way of getting a second golden age?
            No.

Comment

The right answer would be "DAMN, no!". I always wanted a 2nd, 3rd, 4th... Golden Age.

Comment

Hi there, as promised I'm back after a few days playing I think I'm getting in my way, after beating the iroquies down, the egypcians decided to go after Caesar, so Greeks and Americans joined an alliance, what I did was declare war to Rome, being closer to it´s Capital I was able to get the best cities, so now Caesar is gone and I've the largest Civ, although still number 2. The plan did work, spending less in science but buying and reselling what others do gets me going, and as my reputation is still good they usually agree to payments by turn so I'm plenty rich and buying all those improvements that I need to get a city going, i. e. Temples, Cathedrals, courthoses, marketplaces and so, and what is happening now is that the roman cities captured by others ar now deflecting in my favor.

Now to be secure I've signed Mutual protección with everybody but the French and Germans, now I want to get Paris, Joan got there Sistine, Bach and Leonardo´s and I think is worth it.

Another thing, I spend whatever on upgrading military, is worth it.

I'll be back later

Comment

If the city got just the Leonardo's, I think it's worth a "give it to me!" campaign.

Comment

Working...
                  X