No announcement yet.

FP city flips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPs are destroyed when you capture a city. AI's build them all the time(use a spy and see for yourself) but like any other small wonder they are destroyed upon capture.
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Freephi:

Yes GW's do survive, but SW's do not, they are destroyed and placed back into the civ's build list.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Makes sense. You couldn't just capture all your enemies' Iron Works, for example. We need more kinds of Forbidden Palace WOnders. Like a Summer Palace and such that would have the same effects.
        Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
        Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi Great Wonders will survive, but not generate any culture for the captors. So, you think that FP, a Small Wonder, is treated as a city improvement when captured and not as a Wonder? You could be right, I guess. I dont know - I've never seen this happen before...
          All small wonders have special treatment when you capture a city with it. Here are the rules:

Great Wonders: Are never razed, but stop generating culture.
          Small Wonders: Are always razed.
          Culture generating improvements: Are always razed.
          Aqueduct and Hospital: Are never razed.
          Other improvement: May or may not be razed.
          If you cut off my head, what do I say?
          Me and my body, or me and my head?

Comment

If one indeed mods Summer Palaces, Winter Palaces etc, is the AI able to use them efficiently?

I've had a enemy city flip to single enemy city on the other side of the globe.... size two... only been capital for 10 turns.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Re: FP city flips!

Originally posted by Purple
              As the Koreans, I used a Great Leader to rush-build my FP in Upsala, which I recently captured from the Iroquois (they had won it from the Vikings centuries earlier). On the turn after the FP was completed, the city flipped back to the Iroquois!
              This has to be the most unfortunate culture flipping story I have heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                If one indeed mods Summer Palaces, Winter Palaces etc, is the AI able to use them efficiently?
                I'm sure they build them since they pop up as default build options for the human. But I don't now where they put them or if they know completing the FP is a priority, probably bigger than GW building. Does anyone have experience with where the AI builds the FP and/or Summer, Winter... ?

Come to think of it, there should be some fairly simple calculations the AI could do to determine which location will give the FP the largest production/commerce increase. The computer could simply do X simulations for X cities, pretending that the FP is built and observing which placement has the greatest impact. Of course, this wouldn't account for future expansion; but more complex models could give weight to distance to capitol, number of cities within the FP's effective range, amount of settleable space nearby, etc.
                Last edited by Carver; February 6, 2003, 15:19.

Comment

I haven't done an exhaustive search for AI FP's but I see them from time to time when I spy on AI cities. My impression is that the AI will build them ASAP, which mean that most of the time they will be built in one of their core cities. I think it's a good chioce as the AI can't plan much forward. Myself I tend to build FP's very late(maybe too late?), wasting much time and production/gold while I build/conquer new cities.
                  Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
                  X