No announcement yet.

First Ever Civ 3 Championship Begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jpww said I could fill in for him, since he won't be here until < some later date>. And he said that I would be the winner of the tourney until he got back
    I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Hey Lancer, any room for me?
      Before you reply just a reminder:
      I have 5 million communist soldiers ready to pay you a visit if
      you insult their almighty leader.
      And I know I am anti-religious, but we still have a little thing
      called a Jihad over here.

Comment

airdrik...riiiight

SD, sorry, it was a question of be there or be square, and guess what shape you are?

OK...

LETS DOOOOO THIS THANG!

Get ready...

Dice in hand...

I have a suitable space on a flat surface on which to roll...

The IHN is centered in that space, and will be my target...

The idea is to direct the dice at the IHN, that there will be a collision of sorts...

This most different of competitions is about to be resolved, once and for all...

There can be only one!

Ahh, what the heck, I'll do it tomorrow.

Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Good question Lance. Haven't seen jpww around here lately.

Hey JPWW!! Are you here?

Comment

Wittlich!!! It's Wittlich!!! Did you HEAR??

Wittlich WINS the first ever CIV III Championship!!!

WoW, the excitement here is INCREDIBLE!!!

How does it feel to be the undisputed MASTER of Civ III Wittlich?

?

Comment

See, even if I was substituting for jpww, I still wouldn't be winner (or maybe it was because I said I would be subbing for jpww, sorry jpww )

Anyway congrats to Wittlich!!! All hail Wittlich, the most bestest civ 3 player ever (so far)
              I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

It's me?! I actually won?! Well....COOL would be an understatement!

I would like to thank all of my opponents...you were all great players.
                I humbly accept the title of "The First Ever Civilization III Champion" ... for what it's worth Actually the accolades by my fellow Apolyton members is enough!

[This message has been edited by Wittlich (edited April 13, 2001).]
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Such humility, such grace...how well he handles...the thrill of VICTORY!

Actually Wittlich, the game reports I get from the 4th dimention seem to be indicating that you rolled over all your opponents, that they folded, caved, wimped out.

Can you comment? Are you really SOO much better at Civ III than all us mere mortals?

Or did you get the CHEAT CODES from your buddy Sid?!?!

Grrr, I should have won...

-sniff- the agony of defeat...

You Da MAN!

[This message has been edited by Lancer (edited April 13, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lancer on 04-13-2001 07:44 PM
                    Actually Wittlich, the game reports I get from the 4th dimention seem to be indicating that you rolled over all your opponents, that they folded, caved, wimped out.
                    Can you comment? Are you really SOO much better at Civ III than all us mere mortals?

Well, I would love to comment, but it's that multi-universe / time-line continuum thingy that I would rather not broach!
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

jppw is absent, and so I am the only Finalist who didn't win, making me the second best and your loyal lieutenant of Civ3dom!

------------------
                      - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Thanks guys, everyone who played, for playing along.

Watch for my next challenge, the very first, international, Rockem Sockem Robot Competition!!!

Or Tiddly Winks, I haven't decided.

Comment

Your welcome Lancer, it was a blast (of course it was for me!).

PS: Oh, and Cyclotron7: I welcome you as my second!
                          [This message has been edited by Wittlich (edited April 14, 2001).]

Comment

Barely noticed by all the humans in the room, a very small, no, an extremely short figure silently pads into the room on bare, hairy feet. Clothed in a dark-green cloak, from which emits white puffs of cherry scented smoke coming from his carved pipe, the silent, stealthy ranger slides into the shadows behind a high-backed chair -- and listens. He loves games of chance, and so persuades an old friend in the room to place his bid for him. It's been a long time since he retired from a world known as Gemstone3. This is the most fun he's had since he slew his last grey-orc! (He won't play Civ except for the Lord of the Rings scenario.)
                            An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
                            hoping it will eat him last.
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

Oops! Too late! Oh well, hobbits never liked to be hurried. Back to my gardens.
                              An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
                              hoping it will eat him last.
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X