Is Civ III fixed yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's as fixed as it will ever be.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
      That's the simplistic magic word you use to make anyone critical of Civ 3 disappear. Try again.

Answer to the question: Civ 3 has finally been "fixed", after a year. But many of us are still dissatisfied. PTW still needs work.
      You misunderstand me. I too am dissatisfied with Civ3. I've wanted to add eras since before I even bought the game in December 2001 and it's still not in. Same goes for forced diplomacy and triggers.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Well, at least they're saving something for Civ4, and there WILL ne a Civ4, believe me.

Is it fixed? Yes
        Is it perfect? No
        Have I ever played a perfect game? Not yet.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle

Answer to the question: Civ 3 has finally been "fixed", after a year.
          The Apocalypse is coming. Coracle said something positive about Civ3.

Answer to the question: PTW is the way to go if you're looking for a good single player experience. Yes, the game is "fixed".
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I cut my teeth on CIV1, CIV2 and AC. I bought CIV 3 as soon as it was released. My initial reaction was that it was good, but not as good as it's predecessors.

Over the last 1 year I've been playing a lot of RTS and haven't played any CIV. Then last weekend I kicked off a quick game of CIV2. I re-discovered it's addictive quality. After a couple of "millenia" I thought why not give CIV3 a chance.

I downloaded the most recent patch and started to play. It was then I discovered that CIV3 had the same quality as the previous CIVs. ie It's the most addictive substance in the known world.

My feelings now, are that I intially came to CIV3 after playing far too much CIV2 and I needed a break. When I first played it I was set in my views. Now, with each hour that I play the game I am coming around to the view that it in fact is the best so far in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Vercingettyrex
              I cut my teeth on CIV1, CIV2 and AC. I bought CIV 3 as soon as it was released. My initial reaction was that it was good, but not as good as it's predecessors.
              *snip*
              My feelings now, are that I intially came to CIV3 after playing far too much CIV2 and I needed a break. When I first played it I was set in my views. Now, with each hour that I play the game I am coming around to the view that it in fact is the best so far in the series.
              I would like to echo Vercingettyrex comments as his experience fits mine.
              I never stopped playing CIV 3, though, I just played it very Slowwwwwwly. At one stage I wasn't finishing a game before the next patch came out.
              Also I am a CIV 1, 2 and SMAC veteran and as such brought a lot of old-civ baggage with me. It took sometime to go and I am now having a great time with CIV3.
              tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf Hårfagre

PTW isnt released in my country yet. Still one week to go. The responsible should eat sh*t and die. On the other hand, from what I've heard and read, the company that is is holding PTW back doesn't deserve to recieve my money anyway. A product has to be finished before it is sold... and it isnt!
                hi ,

go to the civ III page on this site , order it for 26.98 , shipping is free and you have the US version , meaning you will get the patch before other countries and you should not have any software problems , ....

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                X