Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite modifications

Hola,

I just wanted some feedback on any major modifications some of you do to make the game more enjoyable. Here is some of the stuff I do (v1.29 or PTW)

1) Decrease corruption to 50%

2) Decrease metropolis defense to 50%

3) Increase movement for naval units (Caravel 4, Frig./Gal./Sub 5/ Iron/Nuc Sub 6, / Trans/BShip/Carr 7, DD/CR 8. I usually play on huge maps.

4) Increase movement of Mobile Artillery to 2 (after, all they're supposed to be "mobile" right?)

5) Sub attack of 12, Nuc Sub attack of 16

6) Marine 12/8/1, Para 8/12/1

7) Increase first unhappiness city size (it's not fun to me to have an unhappy citizien at size 1)

8) Decrease pollution of improvements by half.

I usually play at Emperor level with these settings.

QUESTIONS:
    why don't Stealth aircraft have hit points??? Also, if I change the Scenario properties on the default .bic or .bix file will this affect a non-scenario game I play?
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

on huge maps i also like to have workers and settlers have two movement points. i agree with you on corruption and ship movement especially.
    I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I use Warpstorm's watercolor terrain, otherwise no mods.
      "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

I change capitalisation and rush building to ratios more closely resembling what you find in Civ 2 (i.e., chop em in half), do the same to corruption, and kill pollution because, you know, having your tiles turn to desert with no way to change them back when you've been faithfully cleaning up your messes is just too damn depressing.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Okay, you asked for it...

This is a list of my changes which I always use (except for my current game in which I started "new game" instead of "load scenario" ).

I have always played at Regent.

World Sizes (Increased default values by 50%)
          Optimal # of Cities: Huge: 48; Large: 36; Std 24; Small: 21; Tiny: 18

Difficulty Levels
          Attack Bonus Against Barbarians:
          Chieftan: 300; Warlord: 100; Regent thru Diety: 0
          AI to AI Trade: Regent: 120 (from 140)

Units
          Blitz to modern naval (changed RoF to 1), including AI use of multiple bombardments & other changes as I saw fit. Various changes to increase defense when fighters are intercepted, to allow for 'offensive' fighter missions, adjustments to bombardment strengths.

Destroyer: Blitz, RoF:1
          Battleship: A/D:18/16; Blitz, RoF:1
          AEGIS Cruiser: A/D:12/12; Bombard:6; Blitz, RoF:1
          Nuclear Submarine: A/D:10/5; Blitz, RoF:1; Movement: 5 (from 4)
          Fighter: A/D:4/3; Bombard /RoF:2/1
          Stealth Fighter: B/RoF:8/2
          F-15: A/D:8/8; Bombard/RoF:6/2
          Jet Fighter: A/D:8/7; Bombard/RoF:4/1
          Guerilla: Move 2

Units: Unit Abilities
          Battleship: add Lethal Sea Bombardment.
          Tank, Panzer, Mech Infantry, Modern Armor: add Wheeled (need roads in mountain/jungle).
          Tank, Panzer, Modern Armor: NO AIRLIFT!
          Guerilla: Ignore movement cost of jungle, forest, hills & mountains.

General Settings: Various Unit Abilities
          Chance to Intercept Air Missions: 67% (increased from default 50%).

Terrain (for PTW only):
          Tundra (tundra is for colonies - no cities allowed)!
          Allow cities = OFF (no cities on tundra).
          Worker Job: None (cannot plant forests on tundra and enable city building).

Improvements and Wonders: (Alpha Centauri Spaceship construction delayed, costs increased).
          KEY for following: SS Part: Changed Required Advance; Cost
          Apollo Mission: (N/C); 1,000
          SS Exterior Casing: Integrated Defense; 1,000
          SS Stasis Chamber: Genetics; 640
          SS Storage/Supply: Satellites; 240
          SS Cockpit: Robotics; 500
          SS Docking Bay: Satellites; 200
          SS Engine: Satellites; 1,000
          SS Fuel Cells: (N/C); 320
          SS Life Support: Robotics; 500
          SS Thrusters: (N/C); 500
          SS Party Lounge: (N/C); 240

Comment

Carrier-5 mov/8 carry capacity
            Helicopter 4-carry, detect invisible
            Bomber/Stealth Bomber-lethal Land/sea
            Artillery/Radar Art.-Lethal Land

Thats about it.

Comment

I use Sn00py's graphics and a cpl of other ones found here and there- not a single game mod btw
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I use quite a lot of naval/air unit changes.

I changed privateers to 2.2.3, removed hidden nationality, added sinks in ocean and made them available with astronomy so they are now an early sailing warship (I never used them as intended or saw the AI do so). Quite handy if you are up against the vikings, particularly as I changed berserks to be based on med inf, not longbows, so they are now available with feudalism.

Destroyers see subs, battleships have lethal sea bombardment, carriers move 5 and carry 5 air units.

I added lethal sea bombardment to bombers and jet fighters (but not stealth air so bombers have a role after stealth becomes available). I gave stealth fighters lethal land bombardment so they have more use compared to stealth bombers (F15 have lethal land and lethal sea bombardment).

I also allow upgrading privateer to frigate to destroyer and ironclad to battleship but really to remove obselete units from the build options rather than for any other reason.

I have made other changes but IMHO it is the air and sea aspects that can most be improved.
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

3,5,6:yes.
                  Lethal bombard:hwacha,F15,stealth fighter and AEGIS Cruiser.
                  Lethal sea only:Fighter, Jet Fighter
                  Most of the changes from:Patch suggestion and AU MODs
                  Preferably later ships have all terrain as roads,blitz.
                  I've tried having expansionist civs start with the explorer to help expansionist AIs.
                  For 7: Try changing Cheiftain production down from 20 to 7 or 5.
                  Improved some useless wonders by giving them improvement abilities.

I've tried different mods but its a long time since I used that New Game button. Does it still work in PTW?

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                    I use Sn00py's graphics and a cpl of other ones found here and there- not a single game mod btw
                    Excellent! Another purist heard from.
                    "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

I like my graphics mod (well, duh). I also like DYP and a homebrew rules mod. About half the time I play standard rules.
                      Seemingly Benign
                      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV

I added lethal sea bombardment to bombers and jet fighters (but not stealth air so bombers have a role after stealth becomes available). I gave stealth fighters lethal land bombardment so they have more use compared to stealth bombers (F15 have lethal land and lethal sea bombardment).
                        I was thinking of adding "see invisible" to bombers so they can function as patrol boats (kind of like the B-24 in WW2) after stealth is invented (and of course remove the recon ability from stealth bombers).

I'd give lethal land and sea only to Stealth fighters, not the bombers.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by raguil_79

I was thinking of adding "see invisible" to bombers so they can function as patrol boats (kind of like the B-24 in WW2) after stealth is invented (and of course remove the recon ability from stealth bombers).

I'd give lethal land and sea only to Stealth fighters, not the bombers.
                          Heheh... stealth bombers never had recon abilites.

I hate the computer's strategy of "deforestation" and mining grasslands and plains instead. I wondered if eliminating any production bonuses from mining grasslands and plains could solve this.

Comment

Less luxuries and strategic resources...
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I deleted the galley (and made lighthouse come later) because I hate to have all civs contact and a complete world map in the ancient age.
                              "Where I come from, we don't fraternize with the enemy - how about yourself?"
                              Civ2 Military Advisor

Comment

Working...
                              X