No announcement yet.

Civilization 4 - Making New Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh an example of the second idea is say nothing will develop if you dont have a certain set of improvements built, but then once theyre built the economy is already set in place where resources are available to the city-state in general and things happen themselves

Comment

Maybe this thread should be moved to the Civ games General/Future forum.
      The difference between industrial society and information society:
      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Maybe not.

brianshapiro: you're making good points, but I'm not quite sure if I will agree totally.
        Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

Its too early to give up on Civ3! Let it flourish!
          I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

HAND, you're right. A game can't be perfect. Let's be happy with how good Civ III actually is (or don't play it if you don't think so).
            Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

I like having better graphics. I mean, I hardly even think about Civ2 anymore because the graphics seem so lame now. I don't think they emphasize the graphics all that much.
              And I agree with the no more telescoping time idea. The only problem is that this would mean that a game could take days to complete.
              I guess the telescoping time idea comes from the thought that things moved slower back in ancient times and speeded up as time passed. Now, new discoveries can be made monthly and implimented soon after. What's up-to-date one minute can be out-of-date the next.
              Things move faster as time passes. We live in a fast-moving culture.
              Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
              Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

I'm sure Firaxis snoops around these threads and picks up ideas, of course Civ4 is still a long way off...

We must also admit that we are quite demanding. Back in the days of Civ1, we didn't care that city walls protected you up into the nuclear age, that fighters could attack like 8 bombers in its single turn, etc. etc. We weren't even as demanding with Civ2 which shared the same problems. But then we slam on Civ3 for making things different.

Frankly I think the customer is always right and we DESERVE a good realistic product. Personally I am happy with PTW 1.14 since I can mod out 99% of the problems I had with the game and make it the way I want. So like HAND said, let's play it, enjoy it, and keep on positing ideas, who knows, Firaxis may be listening...
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by epics
                  Yes the population should also require some oil and coal.
                  I always wondered why the population polluted yet all they did was eat wheat...

A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by raguil_79
                    So like HAND said, let's play it, enjoy it, and keep on positing ideas, who knows, Firaxis may be listening...
                    Exactly
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                      We must also admit that we are quite demanding. Back in the days of Civ1, we didn't care that city walls protected you up into the nuclear age, that fighters could attack like 8 bombers in its single turn, etc. etc. We weren't even as demanding with Civ2 which shared the same problems. But then we slam on Civ3 for making things different.
                      Hehehe/euhm...
                      Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X