Outrageous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingof the Apes
    I agree with you, BigDork. When I negotiate with civs I have had wars with in the past ~500 years, they tend to turn down most of my offers. Usually it's my allies who demand crazy prices.
    It's AI this is going to happen a lot.....sort of like Trent LOTT
    Petsovernight.com 0.0000001 owner

Ambassador to Legoland on the Lux Invicta Team
    Member of: Team Lux Invicta (PTW Demo Game)

Comment

I handle aggressive AI in the following way:

Declare war on me once or twice, and I'll destroy some of your troops.

Declare war a THIRD time, I'm taking cities - and you better come at me with a peace for peace deal, or NO treaty.

The AI can be getting his butt handed to him and he will STILL demand 4 workers, 100 gp, and a technology "to stop the slaughter of your armies." Take 2 of his cities, and he turns into a meek, groveling dog. City seizure is the only language they understand.

Also, why can't you demand the same stuff the AI wants in trade? If YOU demand THEY give 200 GP and so much gold a turn they're "insulted." Fine, Cleopatra - I was offering Oil for spices, and I'm the ONLY one who has surplus oil. Let's see you try and build a modern army without oil, you idiot! You'll take my offer and LIKE IT, or you get NO planes, warships, or tanks!!!!!!

P.S. How many times have people seen the AI renegotiating deals where you trade them a vital resource, like oil? I have never had Cleo come and threaten to end trading for my Oil.
      One OS to rule them all,
      One OS to find them,
      One OS to bring them all
      and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

how does the AI demand workers? i thought you could only do that if you have some in your captial... do you?

also, will the AI pay anything for workers of theirs that you captured?
        I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I did have workers there, because they were waiting for pollution to appear.

I have never captured AI workers, as I have no real use for them. I have enough of my own.
          One OS to rule them all,
          One OS to find them,
          One OS to bring them all
          and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

For context, Lockheed Martin just won a jet fighter contract with Poland worth over $3.4 billion... subsidized / lent by the US government.

The $ get big, depending on what is at stake...

Going back to the original post, in-game all things have calculated value, be they techs or resources or diplo agreements.

So be it.

Use it.

You'll like it.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

The AI will actually understand when a war is not working to his advantage. The price he asks to end it usually depends on how hard pressed he is. I've seen several AI's come to me and beg for peace at a steadily decreasing price even when I'm not gaining territory. Only causing them heavy losses and possibly great WW.

Oh, sometimes they enter 'ID10T' mode and refuse to show any sign of intelligence.
              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by justjake73
                Declare war a THIRD time, I'm taking cities - and you better come at me with a peace for peace deal, or NO treaty.
                You actually wait for two wars to pass before you take out the offending CIV, my you are generous. If a CIV declares war on me I will take at least 4 cities from them to teach them a lesson, and after that I am just waiting the 20 turns to finish them off....
                * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
                  Another thing is that when you offer to end a war in exchange for one of their techs, they say yes, and when you want to thorw in a tech of your own they won't take it. It's not like I'm limmiting this to 20 turns here...
                  I had a similar thing happen to me last night. I was trying to get a tech from the Arabs I think. I offered another tech for it and my advisor said that it was close to a deal. Well I offer 300 gold, up front, one time lump sum and all the sudden they're insulted. WtF? I'm not looking for a 20 turn deal, just wanna do a one time thing. Sometimes the AI can act like such an AI...er, yeah.

BigD
                  Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Hi everybody...

I'm posting the screenshot that had me start this thread more to test my new software than anything. It's basically just a test.

BigD
                    Attached Files

Comment

hi ,

what did you do to make him "furious" , ......

maybe if he was friendly to you it would have cost far less , .....

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Read the thread, panag. He had been at war with them recently.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                          Read the thread, panag. He had been at war with them recently.
                          hi ,

done

when asked "what did he do" , well what did he do , burned all of his cities or so , .... or is this maybe the next or the same turn after peace , ......

it is a bit on the high side , a bit way to up , .....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

panag...

Well this is going pretty far back for me. We're talking mid-January here. It had actually been a while since we'd been at war but I'd pretty much constantly been at war with Hannibal. I'd wait the 20 and then have at him again(I think).

But honestly I'm not too sure. This was one of my very first games and I wasn't too up on all the workings of diplomacy yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I RoP raped him or something. And I probably razed one or two. But like I said, I don't remember.I just had never seen and have never since seen such an outrageous demand.

BigD

Comment

Oh yeah, and I think I was trying to get the alliance so that our relationship would improve. Eh, didn't work and I crushed the SoB under the boots of my mighty army or something.

BigD

Comment

What are you doing with that much money and income in the medieval era? If I was him, I'd want to libewrate your trasury too. How did you get your income so high? What level are you playing at?
                                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                                X