Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firaxis site

quote:

"Ask the Civ Team", where you can send in your questions and we'll answer a few of them each month.

I don't think the civ3 team should be primarly focus on the website, but if you say things like this you can't get away with six weeks without any update. And how much work involves answering a few more questions? Questions abound that's for sure.

I'm just a little disappointed.

I share your concern.
    Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Roman on 02-28-2001 01:29 PM
      I share your concern.

Barring any last-minute objections, there will be a site update sometime tomorrow. I'll try to get to answering questions more often, but dare I say there's a lot going on around here right now. Bear with us.

Thanks,

Dan
      Firaxis Games, Inc.

Dan Magaha
      Firaxis Games, Inc.
      --------------------------

Comment

Huray!!!

After this next update, I promise to stop bothering Firaxis and just let them get on with designing the game.

Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS on 02-28-2001 06:20 PM
          Barring any last-minute objections, there will be a site update sometime tomorrow.

Excellent!!

quote:

I'll try to get to answering questions more often,

Also excellent!

quote:

but dare I say there's a lot going on around here right now.

This is the best news, though!
          Rome rules

Comment

I didn't know that my complaints were so powerfull

Thanks Dan

Comment

Heh Heh Heh..I know we all mean well..but SERIOUSLY!!..we civers who post within these walls..are a lot like a BEGGAR who is Hungry..we see Firaxis through the looking glass..knowing they have food(The Game in progress)..we Knock on the Door, scratch on the Glass..and Howl and Beg outside the fence..and ALAS..Dan..(Or someone else comes out)..we say..Please feed us and we shall behave ourselves..So Firaxis does..and for a moment..we become docile..HOWEVER..And I speak strictly for myself..sooner than later..we contemplate our Prideful positions and justify that Hey..we are the consumers..GIVE US MORE SUSTENANCE(Progress reports!)...so I will state this on behalf of no one but me..TROLL..I am glad you have a moment to spare Firaxis...but I do understand you are busy..Every moment away from this much Herealded project..to talk with us...means more time in the completion phase..and for real folks..Until Firaxis posts RELEASE DATE 9/2001.(or whenever).or whenever..we shall simply wax scartastically at the audacity of being ignored by those within the compound Firaxis..shouting ,murmuring and taunting...........Details..We want details..!!

Just a mere moment of reflection dear friends of forum!!

Let us indeed warmly embrace our reports we recieve and put more ..in our comments!!

Keep truckin Firaxis and thanks so much for the Pause for the Cause!!

Troll

------------------
              If they call an orange an orange, why don't they call a banana a yellow?-Christopher Lloyd-Taxi

The Forum Fur Flyer
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Dunno about anyone else, but come first thing tomorrow I'm gunna be chuffin' down in Troll's food trough!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just wanna get on a beta-test list so I can play it. Must play it. Can't wait. Must play! ARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* dreaming................ *

* settler moves north............... *

* legions storm a fortified city............ *

* ships-of-line exchange broadside volleys........ *

* tanks roll across grasslands and plains...... *

Anyone else dream while waiting?

------------------
                Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm dreaming alright.....but these aren't any normal kind of dreams!! When some screenshots finnally get realeased, I think I'll pop.

Civ 3 won't be realeased until Xmas this year (or sometime thereafter) but already I feel I've had more fun with it than CTP1 and 2 combined.
                  If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

LOL! Man, some enthusiatic Apolytoners 'round here!
                    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

It is "Tomorow", and I dont see an update (considering that it is still in the middle of the night on the other(american) side of the atlantic that might not mean anything)
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I wouldn't expect the game to come out this year people.

In case you don't know, to make a great game these days can take up to 3 years now. So expect it maybe Xmas 2002. If you're lucky Mid 2002, I'm pretty sure that anything before then is just too short.

Comment

Nothing yet...
                          *sigh*
                          [This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited March 01, 2001).]
                          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tiberius on 03-01-2001 07:15 AM
                            Nothing yet...
                            *sigh*
                            [This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited March 01, 2001).]

I say this of course, tongue in cheek, having gotten up at 11 am this morning, reviewed the site updates, and only now getting to this topic...

BE PATIENT!!!!!

Now, seriously. A couple of the people who commented this morning on the lack of promised updates were commenting at really weird hours. As a rule, businesses in the US generally don't start work until between 8 and 9 am-in the timezone they're located in. The post I'm replying to was at 7:15 EDT-at about 4 am Firaxis' time! Poor Dan hadn't even gotten out of bed yet, in all likelyhood (unless he was up all night wondering why in the heck after so many years there are no Angel units for any of the Civ II scenarios on the web like I was- but that's a rant for a different forum...)

The times on this site are EDT, so figure updates from Firaxis are probably not going to be posted until mid-morning (say 10-11 am) by Apolyton time. So be patient, wait until at least noon. After that, if there's still no update, *then* storm the gates at Firaxis and throw really big rocks! (x-thread)

Marc

Comment

The Site has been updaterd now!!!!!
                              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
                              X