No announcement yet.

An army to be proud of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be better if such a scene was used for a "conquered the world" endgame movie. Definitely not in-game.

Commie dictator, if you're always playing a communist govt then you shouldn't have a problem keeping your people happy. Or at least content. Repressed?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Comrads, everyone assumes that war will make your people discontent. I think that in Civ III if the majority of the people are behind war then while at war the citizens should be more happy

Comment

Well, if that is to be modeled, you should include an aspect of Europa Universalis of Causes Belli...
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I meant nothing about government types whatsoever. I said that I don't like parades, neither in real life, nor in a game, and I'm sure most people would find it vain to have military parades, just for the sake of showing the machinery. We had welovetheking and city capture parades in Civ I, something similar could be installed, though. They looked much better than Civ II's announcements.
          'We note that your primitive civil-^
          ization has not even discovered^
          $RPLC1. Do you care^
          to exchange knowledge with us?'^
          _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
          _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by kochman626 on 02-01-2001 08:12 PM
            now that i think about it, your right, but maybe with a democracy, it's the citizens, not the government, that arrange a victory parade. when u win a war, u would see a screen saying "your citizens in ___ celebrate your recent victory, and the return of our soldiers" or something, and than the video.
            [This message has been edited by kochman626 (edited February 01, 2001).]

Mmm. I seem to remember the Allies being quite happy to celebrate the 50th anniversary of VE day with parades and the like. Every country in the world had a massive party on 31/12/1999 and parades on 1/1/2000. For good measure, many had them for the "real" millenium too. Victory parades make good propaganda in wartime and in peacetime they are always popular with the politicians, especially when they distract from the latest scandal.

To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
            X