No announcement yet.

Ideas about strategical diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's also possible that a civ, AI or human, would rather cozy up to the #1 guy to get some extra tech &/or money plus protection in order to build themselves up to 2nd place, and then make a grab for the #1 slot when the opportunity presented itself.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I have to agree with Theben. A weaker civ would most likely try to suck-up to the #1 civ (in order to recieve preferential treatment) than go on an all out war against the #1 civ. Of course, the actions of the #1 civ can influence the weaker civs attitude (ie, #1 civ pushing around the weaker civ).

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by wittlich on 01-27-2001 11:53 AM
        I have to agree with Theben. A weaker civ would most likely try to suck-up to the #1 civ (in order to recieve preferential treatment) than go on an all out war against the #1 civ.

Yes, but what if the veteran human player is stronger then the two strongest AI-civs put together - or even worse: stronger then ALL remaining AI-civs put together?
        In these situations it is very likely that the human player, is actually racing ahead with an evermore increasing power/science/resource distance between himself and the strongest remaining AI-civs.

In above situations there is no way an AI-civ can decrease that ever-growing distance with any "suck-up behaviour". On the contrary:
        Any secondly powerful AI-civs that allies themselves with an overwhelmingly superior (and aggressive) HP-civ, is actually pawing the road to his own AI-civ demise.

And WHY on earth should the Firaxis-team program any last ditch strategical AI-diplomacy, to do that? Pawing the road to its own demice - making it happen that much faster?
        If all the remaining AI-civs stands the risk of being conquered and eliminated anyway; why not at least cooperate, and put up a common fight against the human player? Dying like lions instead of sheeps, so to speak.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited January 27, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
        X