PTW got creamed again in Gamespot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Franses
    Mind you... I am 100% sure there will be people buying this game without ever patching it (because they have no Internet or do not know there are patches or do not know how to install them). Does Firaxis/Infogrames ever think about these people?
    Oh those were the days. The days of yore where thy had to call and order a patch via 5 to 10 floppy disks.

I didn't get the internet until 1997 I think, perhaps '98.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I'm quite disappointed, as well. I, however, didn't buy the game for the multiplayer.

I bought it for the new features, units, and civs (the vikings were the big push). I think that since the civs are usually quite similiar, they could easily make sh*tloads. Anyways, i get a couple more units, and the 9 civs. For some reason, when I start the game for the first time (in relation to when the computer was turned on), it takes THREE minutes for it to start as opposed to basically non for Civ3. Some features are more annoying, like the change in the preferences. My mods on Civ3 are worthless being I can't add the new civs. There is no decent manual and they don't even have the decency to give me a f*cking jewel case.

$30 and 400 MB wasted because I'm to stubborn to do anything about it.
      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I think it is fully acceptable and needed to review the boxed product. Mind you... I am 100% sure there will be people buying this game without ever patching it (because they have no Internet or do not know there are patches or do not know how to install them). Does Firaxis/Infogrames ever think about these people?
        And those people play INTERNET MP?!?

PtW SP mode is pretty bugless, so there are no really problems for those people.

Comment

It's pretty obvious from all this that RoN is gonna kick everybodies' a$$.

Comment

RoN or MOO3. either way
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
              It's pretty obvious from all this that RoN is gonna kick everybodies' a$$.
              If you like RTS. If you aren't into them (and a lot of TBS fans aren't), I doubt if it'll do anything for you.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo008
                My mods on Civ3 are worthless being I can't add the new civs.
                Why not? I did it in mine. It took me about an hour or so to do it. This was to bring one fairly radically changed mod up to PTW rules. One with less than a dozen changed units should be quicker.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by player1

And those people play INTERNET MP?!?

PtW SP mode is pretty bugless, so there are no really problems for those people.
                  YES! They do. Read all my arguments please, not just one

BTW who would buy PTW if you tried CIV3 out of the box?
                  Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I don't give a crap about ratings since most of the PC game magazine and website reviewers aren't stratagy game fans. Those bums are addicted to the shoot-ems and sports games.

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm

If you like RTS. If you aren't into them (and a lot of TBS fans aren't), I doubt if it'll do anything for you.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

BTW who would buy PTW if you tried CIV3 out of the box?
                        That is exactly why I haven't bought PTW.
                        "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
                        X