Military service and famly size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military service and famly size

what do these mesure and how do you make them go up?

I think that Military service has somthing to do with the size of the military vs. the total pop.

Hmm good question
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Military service is 10*(total population points)/(total military units), in years.

Family size is (total excess food)/(2*#of cities), minimum of 1.

Edit: It's possible, BTW, to have a military service figure larger than the Life Expectancy figure, actually (try a Mass Regicide game).
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

"Military Service" is kind of a misnomer, then. They're trying to represent something like military efficiency. I.e. you survived the game without spending too much on military.

I had assumed the opposite, that military service increased with the size of your military. i.e., a large military increases the length of time an average citizen would serve.

Comment

Re: Military service and famly size

Originally posted by Big Fish
          what do these mesure and how do you make them go up?

I think that Military service has somthing to do with the size of the military vs. the total pop.
          Don't even bother taking those stats seriously. Ever since Civ I, those types of analysis have only been around to add some flavour. They mean absolutely nothing in terms of the overall game.

Comment

Re: Re: Military service and famly size

Originally posted by Willem

Don't even bother taking those stats seriously. Ever since Civ I, those types of analysis have only been around to add some flavour. They mean absolutely nothing in terms of the overall game.
            which is sad. useful stats are fun.

look @ the civ3 demo game, Reddawg had population charts, and a "World Factbook Entry" was maintained. it was really fun.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The demographics screen truly sucks. We need to be able to see at least the rankings for all nations. And I would say after building an embassy we should see the exact statistics for that nation.

Military service could be better represented as soldiers as a percent of pop, or military spending as a percent of GDP.

Comment

I use the screen quite a bit, since it gives me an idea of where my spending and world standing is compared to rest of the civs. I always try to keep my productivity, literacy, and manufacturing at #1. If those stats are not, then I am usually in some kind of trouble that needs to be addressed a.s.a.p.
                "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

wow, i dont think i have EVER had military service above 1 year (aside from the first 2000 years or so), even if i am playing to conquer.

Comment

Re: Re: Military service and famly size

Originally posted by Willem

You're right, only the Population Stat and the Empire Size Stat are true. That's too bad for me, 'cause I am such a guy who truly love such statistics and such guy who want to know everything about his own empire.
                    Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

you tellin me that he literacy, diesease and all those other stats are complete b.s.?

shesh I use them during the game for a lot of my buiding plans.
                      Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
                      So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
                      rocking on everest

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Davinator
                        you tellin me that he literacy, diesease and all those other stats are complete b.s.?

I haven't looked at those figures for 10 years at least, not since Civ I anyway. They make absolutely no difference in my overall game. At least none that I can see.

Comment

literacy? productivity? civ3?
                          I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

F10...or was it F11!

I look at four figures: land/population/productivity/annual income...from these numbers I recognize what I have to work at. If I'm first in two of them...I'll win for sure
                            www.civforum.de

Comment

Disease and Literacy Stat

Originally posted by Lord_Davinator

Well, the Disease Stat might be right sometimes, but the LiteracyStat is nonsens.
                              Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X