* Growth
    - ?
    * Explore
    - ?

3. Components for each age
    * Conquer
    - General War
    ANCIENT- +20% morale (barracks), +5% skill, etc
    RENAISSANCE- +20% morale (barracks), +5% skill, +10% defense (defensive arts training), etc
    MODERN- +20% morale (training facility), +10% offense (war industries), +5% skill, +10% defense, etc

-->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Heh. Thanks for taking the time to elaborate on this idea from your previous thread. I thought you might.

It's interesting. I myself loved the unit workshop. It allowed for a great amount of mobile flexibility in the battlefield. The only problem though is it becomes hard to add flavor and style to generic units and I imagine the same would hold true for generic improvements.

I think it might be a better idea to keep the improvements static, but I'm just one voice; if there's a way to make things flexible while still keeping the flavor of the whole 'building your city from the ground-up' part of Civ, then I'm all for it.

Don't like to wait? Program your own bloody game.

Comment

If this is something one suppose to choose within the actual game, i dont like it.

Some people even complain about the clicking the city-area view is too much micro-management (i dont agree, of course).

However, this idea and unit-workshop and social engineering all put together - well, it all adds up in terms of increased city-screen micro-management, doesnt it? Dont forget that some people here play around with 50+ city-empires.

Also, One thing that i liked about Civ-2, was that i always had an exact notion of what each city-improvement actually added to the overal end-result of that city. Clear and simple 50-100-200% benefits. These clear and intuitive connections stands the risk of disappearing if this idea is implemented.

The third problem is about AI-mayors. Why complicate things?

Comment

That would be a very useful tool from a scenario building perspective, but in a normal game I'm not sure.
        "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Yep, it would really ruin the magic if it will be a part of the game. Imagine your advisor saying: We need to build a reinessance knwoldge increasing building
          mil. advisor: No, we should build ancient building providing +30 defence and +10 attack while having a -10 happiness effect!

Or simply the too general: We need knwoledge!

However, for designing mod's and scen's it's a great Idea.

Comment

Yes, my idea is good for scenario-building and perhaps it should only be included in the Scenario editor for it would confuse everyone too much and add too much time to the game if it was a regular feature.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
            X