walls as TIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walls as TIs

With all the talk of borders here is my idea: In ancient times, your borders are as far as you want, unless if you build a wall. Walls can give units on them defensive bonuses, and they can be your borders. In modern times they would give trade straight to you, regardless of weather there is a city nearby. But-you would need to have a unit or village (size 2down city) nearby

I dont understant what you mean, exactly?

Anyway; it seems to be a feature that the human player can utilize much better, then the game-AI can. Lets keep things simple, and avoid adding complications. We have borders - lets work on that instead.

Comment

Why did you create a whole nother thread when I just created one for this purpose?

anyway, Ralf is right, lets keep Borders nice and simple. (though a border 'wall' would not be a bad idea)

Comment

Perhaps a 'once only' improvement, which creates a wall right around your borders, although it cannot be moved when your borders move, and can be easily destroyed if not occupied ( represents ancient mining techniques used to demolish stone walls.)
        Additionally, this wall must be very expensive to maintain, perhaps 1 gold for every tile it covers.
        By the way, it must provide a bonus against ancient age sea going units because they have no way to attack it. If small ships can't attack land anyway then that last point is redundant.

Comment

Who would bother when forts are cheaper and easier to produce? If forts act to 'pin' a border and stop tiles being reallocated to a foreign power who builds a nearby city that should be sufficient. The enemy would have to enter your country and pillage your terrain improvement first, which gives you a certain amount of warning even when the fort is unoccupied. I'm not entirely sure that pillaging a fort you hadn't bothered to garrison should be an automatic declaration of war though, much like CtP piracy.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
          X