No announcement yet.

The lone and level sands stretch far away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would enhance the city as every other normal city. Keep in mind that you do not want to build wonders here, but you can certainly get this city to come into full production once you get RR's. You just need to give this city a little jumpstart every so often with a rushed improvement. Of course no need to build Aqueducts, or hospitals until you discover steampower. I would build Cathedrals and Colluseums however because you need to build them before getting RR's to get the 1000 yr bonus in culture. Keep in mind that each worker you produce you have to pay support for and wealth gives you very little return with under 20 shields of production, best to build a unit if you do not want to build an improvement.
    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

yup

i've had a city like that, surrounded in desert, ended up being a 25, bigger than some of my plains/hill country cities.. its whack yo. hmm.

Comment

It will have a loooooow shield production
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Just hope AI won't nuke it or the city could just disappear within 10 turns
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I would put a Temple (or Library) in the city to expand the culture borders, a Barracks, a Granary, then have it produce veteran military units as well as the settlers and workers. Your city will reach size 4 before railroads, so it's not a complete loss at this time. Such a city producing military units every 20 turns or so is still productive.
            None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm

Yep.

Ozymandias... a nice poetic touch.
              Thank you! I can only agree

-Oz
              ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

One more thing...don't waste much time and effort on improvements that are magnified by population or produce unnecessary happiness. They won't be worth the upkeep. Just crank out units until you get RR.
                Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brizey
                  One more thing...don't waste much time and effort on improvements that are magnified by population or produce unnecessary happiness. They won't be worth the upkeep. Just crank out units until you get RR.
                  Yep, although one culture improvement is necessary to allow the borders to expand. The single plains square is unlikely to be next to the city so culture expansion is probably required. If you have the Trading Company wonder, you can also build a marketplace and a bank in the city because these become improvements with no upkeep cost.

While we all love those monster productive size-25 cities, it is finding uses for the small cities that is the real challenge of CIV. For a good game, try playing 3 billion / arid / cold worlds.
                  None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Working...
                  X