A quick CivIII bit to put your minds at ease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick CivIII bit to put your minds at ease

Just a quick note to answer some of the increasingly frequent e-mail inquiries I've been getting, as well as a lot of the comments on this and other forums:

Civ III is alive and well. Everything is going smashingly, and we are preparing to roll out our preview site, which will take the place of the FAQ currently located at www.firaxis.com/civ3.

I'll keep you posted on the site rollout, but I promise it will be Real Soon Now (tm).

Dan Magaha
    Web Wizard
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Thanks for the info.
    With ctp2 looking so good, I was beginning to worry about civ3.

So, I am really looking forward to the preview site. I hope it will have some new info on the features in civ3, maybe even a preliminary screenshot or two?

Is "real soon" a few days, a few weeks ?

Forgive me if I sound impatient but like everyone else on this forum, I am very excited about civ3 and I can't wait to see the preview site to get a better idea of the great stuff Firaxis is going to do with the game!

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

We're all very anxious to hear news of progress... any kind of progress for Civ3, in the form of screenshots, or any other format.
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

Eeeeexcellent.

- MKL
        - mkl

Comment

WooHoo!!!!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAY!!!!! !!

Comment

I've never doubted for a moment - Civ3 was always going well...

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

------------------
              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

woooooo nelly!

*celebrates*

*gets drunk*

*sleeps in gutter*

Comment

Sounds... GREAT! Weee!

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, please calm down!

Magaha still said almost nothing, you haven't any idea if Civ III FAQ-grew-to-be-a-website will be full of info or not...

I'm not telling I don't like the news, simply I suggest that if we raise our expectation too much, then the risk of disappointment will be inevitable.

I'll hate to see a burst of critics to follow Firaxis first real preview...

------------------
                    Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Eeeeexcellent...DOH!
                      "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

Well, let me just join in and say:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Thanks oh-so-very-friendly-and-kind-and-sexy-and-handsome guys at Firaxis

Sucking up? Me? Never...

------------------
                        Viper
                        viper@cncnz.com
                        Command & Conquer NZ

Comment

Any communication that Firaxis offers us is good communication in my books. Of course he's going to say it's going smashingly - we expect that - but I'd still rather hear him say it than not at all.

- MKL
                          - mkl

Comment

why did he (tm) 'real soon now"?

Comment

Any news at all is good - it hasn't been long since I said:

quote:

Civ3 is dead. Turned Based Strategy is dead. Civ, you have given all of us great memories... Rest In Peace
                              I didn't want to say it , but the feeling has just gotten stronger the longer I've been here (we're all coming up with ideas and all we've got is half the development team quitting)...

------------------
                              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
                              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
                              X