windowed vs non windowed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windowed vs non windowed.

Who wants to see civ III be a windowed game vs a full screen game....

I find it interesting that one of the biggest appeals of civ II is the fact that it is windowed. At least this is a huge appeal for those of us that play the game online. So which do you think is better?
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

Well i don't see the point in *****ing and moaning here, but yea, i'm deffinatly in favor of it being a windowed game. I hate full screen games, i've always got a crap load of other things going on.

------------------
    Ozzy - King of Metal
    Ozzy - Hungarians in Eurodip I
    Ozzy - Proud Sayen member
    Ozzy - Prez of NYRA, http://nyra.ecg.net
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OzzyKP on 11-18-2000 10:40 PM

Well i don't see the point in *****ing and moaning here, but yea, i'm deffinatly in favor of it being a windowed game. I hate full screen games, i've always got a crap load of other things going on.

Easy to get around; just hit the Microsoft Windows key on your keyboard to minimize any full-screen program and return to the Windows desktop. Though, it may be a good idea to have a full-screen game only as an option.

------------------
      Zero
      [This message has been edited by Zero_Tolerance (edited November 18, 2000).]

Comment

Thats not what we talking about.

ALT tabing is a pain in the butt. If you get a icq message etc you will never know unless your alt tabing out every 5 seconds.
        and kill them!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by markusf on 11-18-2000 10:48 PM
          Thats not what we talking about.

ALT tabing is a pain in the butt. If you get a icq message etc you will never know unless your alt tabing out every 5 seconds.

Simple! If you have ICQ, then don't choose to play a full-screen game.

------------------
          Zero
          [This message has been edited by Zero_Tolerance (edited November 18, 2000).]

Comment

I definitly want it to be windowed. I think I would have played SMAC more if I had been able to do other things between turns.
            Apolyton Empress
            "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Has to be windowed.

I can't stand a game taking over the full use of my pc.
              Don't like this in the reaMYST demo and it might put me off getting CTP2.

They talked for years about muti-tasking, well now we all want to do it!

civMP
              napster
              messenger
              winamp........

I mean, you only do it if you got a good pc (or Mac)

------------------
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*
              aka: half-assed dieticians
              icq# 8388924

Comment

you summed it up ozzy. when you need to contact people its better to have a windowed game than a full.
                full screen games suck.

Moker

------------------
                Im here to play civ. Screw all of this political BS. Give me a game of civ with good players, that are more than just robots, and im having fun. I bet everyone else is too. Who cares who wins or loses? Its better to make friends than make enemies. Who knows you might run into a very important person on here.

Oh yeah EyesOfNight is the most pathetic person i have ever ment in my life.
                Im here to play civ. Screw all of this political BS. Give me a game of civ with good players, that are more than just robots, and im having fun. I bet everyone else is too. Who cares who wins or loses? Its better to make friends than make enemies. Who knows you might run into a very important person on here.

Oh yeah EyesOfNight is the most pathetic person i have ever ment in my life.

Comment

Winamp I never had a problem with in SMAC, but everything else was a pain in the ass. I also got ahold of windowed Colonization and loved it to death.

Firaxis, if you're listening, for the love of god make it windowed!

--
                  Jared Lessl

Comment

I agree definately windowed!!! If it has multiplayer that is a must feature.

Comment

Am I the only person who doesn't mind full screen?
                      "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

windowed and multi player all in one. None of this sp game and then an mp game years later to make more money.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Evil Capitalist on 11-19-2000 03:55 AM
                          Am I the only person who doesn't mind full screen?

When your playing multiplayer and you got to wait close to 20 minutes later on in the game just to get your turn. The last thing you want is a game that is full screen it is boring as hell. Most of us love our windowed civ 2 because we can do our work, or chat etc between turns. I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone in the multiplayer forums who would be for a full screen game, its just such a pain in the ass.

and kill them!

Comment

I just "hide" the game on my Mac and get on with other things. Apart from that, Civ 3 should be windowed.

------------------
                            Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
                            Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
                            Troll & Hydey Wrangler
                            Mono Rules!
                            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Windowed!

Comment

Working...
                              X