Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Improvements" that would stop you from buying the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Improvements" that would stop you from buying the game.

1. SMAC like 3d graphics that make the game slow beyond belief. I like SMAC, but it takes too long to play, and I can't even imagine trying to do it over the internet.

2. Far Far more importantly, anything that would either cripple, kill, or relegate to a minor, trivial roll in the game, the blessed blessed camel. If I can't put Camels on my boats, why build boats? And if I have no peaceful way of using units other than settlers, why play civ? I'm sure that there are plenty of better war games out there.

------------------
    The camel is not a part of civ.

THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!

SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!
    The camel is not a part of civ.
    THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
    SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

1. Crazy, animated 3D graphics!!!!! I think that's a horrible idea.

2. No scenario editor. I must be able to make scenarios!!!

3. Anything based on a multi layered map, like TOT. That just sucked!!

4. KEY CHANGES!!!!! If any keys are change I'll be pissed!!!!!

------------------
    "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
    "The best meat is in the rump!"
    I AM CANADIAN!
    CornEmpire Index
    My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
    CornEmpire Owner/Operator
    Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

1. "Crazy, animated 3D graphics!!!!! I think that's a horrible idea". I agree in banning the 3D globe-map idea!

2. Ban the roundabout sequential turn-by-turn scenario-editor in Civ-2/SMAC. Update it to a more powerful and faster click-and-paste editor instead.

3. "Anything based on a multi layered map, like TOT. That just sucked!!". Again, this is bullseye!!

4: Ever more complicated suggestions in order to "reinvent the wheel", without thinking about what that hard-to-explaine idea is gonna add to the game, in terms of more fun- and play-value.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited October 23, 2000).]

Comment

If it was CTP II...

I think that is it .

I actually WANT to see CivIII with a 3d map like SMAC. Without that, and I'd be sad.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

quote:

1. SMAC like 3d graphics that make the game slow beyond belief. I like SMAC, but it takes too long to play, and I can't even imagine trying to do it over the internet.
          I agree, SMAC runs shockingly slow, like I've complained bitterly about in the past.
          That said, the game should still look good, it's just that the screen shouldn't *crawl* when it should *scroll*.

This was my king post. Very appropriate that it be in this forum.

------------------
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
          [This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited October 23, 2000).]
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

I'll try again.

By the way, Matthew, you're obvious in love with camels (4 threads?!). I say we get rid of them. Altogether.

------------------
            No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
            No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

This related thread is a must-read:
              10 Improvements NOT to make in CivIII

------------------
              [This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited October 24, 2000).]

Comment

It was the bad programming that made it run slow actualy.

Comment

Yeah, I hope they'll get it right this time!

------------------

Comment

I would not buy Civ III if it was in Real Time or if the multiplaying capacity suxs like SMAC.

------------------
                    Apolyton Empress

"The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person" -- Vi Putnam

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall
                    My First Website!
                    Apolyton Empress
                    "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Empress on 10-26-2000 10:06 AM
                      I would not buy Civ III if it was in Real Time or if the multiplaying capacity suxs like SMAC.

same here
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

quote:

I would not buy Civ III if it was in Real Time...

Your Highness, our beloved Apolyton Queen, my insignificant opinion is exactly the same as Yours.

Your humble servant,
                        Lord Tiberius

"The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                        --George Bernard Shaw
                        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                        --Woody Allen

Comment

quote:

CIV ISN'T R E A L T I M E ! ! ! !

------------------
                          Who am I? What am I? do we need Civ? YES!!
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I can see how you made it to King in only half a year, UltraSpam

Bkeela
                            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

SMAC? Slow? Are you kidding?

------------------
                              - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
                              Mars Colonizer Mission
                              - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
                              Mars Colonizer Mission

Comment

Working...
                              X