No announcement yet.

To Mod or Not to Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without MODs when playing Hotseat with my brother, and lightly MODed when playing sinlce player (using my own Patch Suggestion MOD).

Comment

I play modded most of the time though I also play some regular.

Mostly I play a modded version because I feel it makes the game more enjoyable, that is what its all about, however I play the regular rules sometimes just to see how I am doing and to get the experience of what PTW was suppose to be. I find myself playing a lot more unmodded PTW and right now the only change to my game is the map.
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Vanilla! It makes talking about the game and learning from others easier.

Comment

With Civ3, I've been playing with no mods for the most part. Just haven't seemed to find any mods that caught my fancy.

Comment

Play modded game about 60% of the time and Vanilla 3 40 %

Modding only moderate:

Reduced corruption, Heroic Epic changed to decrease WW, Modded units (Increased A/D/M as needed, added HP bonuses to later units to reduce the spearman/ tank absurdity, increased bombardments, made aircraft gave leathal bombarment V naval units and modded tanks, MA's and MI's to wheeled vehicles and gave them the "all terain as roads" trait to increase their mobility without increasing their number of attacks) Also increased the productivity of wealth.
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Without modding the game you are, among other things, playing a game that makes a mockery of realism and history even by Civ 2 standards.

Although like so many Civ 2 fanatics, I stopped playing Civ 3 long ago. Haven't missed that turkey for a second.

Comment

I used to play it heavily modded. However, I uninstalled for a while (with an 8GB hard-drive, I'd be lucky to have five games installed at a time).

Since then, I couldn't be bothered modding it, and since PTW is a matter of days away down where I am, I see no point in modding it yet.

Once I do get PTW, and try it out a few times, I'll be modding it using ideas I have already accumulated.
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X