No announcement yet.

Space Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stick with the Unity. Remember that you cannot have the Germans and French in a single game together but that is not true in real life. We have to depart from the real world path with some details.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Once again, I agree it's a bit strange we jump straight from Apollo project wonder to Starship Unity.

Firaxis should smooth the progress a bit, just without messing with a new whole game of Mars terraforming in between.

Space station, Moon/Mars/asteroids belt bases are all things that can be simulated (with limits) by wonders/tech advances, maybe unit (space station) too.
      Realism and playability must cross here, IMO.

The sad trouth is that in SMAC the late part of game (and tech tree) is usually unused, because you win way too early. Keeping the game balanced for so long will be a main Firaxis target.

------------------
      Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
      [This message has been edited by Adm.Naismith (edited November 07, 2000).]
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith on 11-07-2000 11:40 AM
        Once again, I agree it's a bit strange we jump straight from Apollo project wonder to Starship Unity.

Firaxis should smooth the progress a bit, just without messing with a new whole game of Mars terraforming in between.

Space station, Moon/Mars/asteroids belt bases are all things that can be simulated (with limits) by wonders/tech advances, maybe unit (space station) too.
        Realism and playability must cross here, IMO.

The sad trouth is that in SMAC the late part of game (and tech tree) is usually unused, because you win way too early. Keeping the game balanced for so long will be a main Firaxis target.

I would love to see Space station etc.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joseph (edited November 07, 2000).]

Comment

I definitely agree with the idea of adding intermediate steps but AC should still be the ultimate goal. I think there should be a space station, mission to colonize mars and probes into space before the Alpha Centauri Mission. Definitely should stay away from actually managing Mars. Hated the space portion of CTP, which massively slowed down the game. Glad to see that its out of CTPII. Hopefully, Firaxis will leave it out of Civ3.

------------------
          "In war, there is no substitute for victory."
          - Douglas MacArthur
          “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
          they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

Working...
          X