No announcement yet.

This aint average: Decidedly average 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tell us a little about this Unionist government.

What's the current tech/military level?

Originally posted by: HazieDaVampire
    The President of Imperial America has demanded a sum of 1kgold and the current version of the British isle map.
    Jeez, I'd have settled for a good patch for PTW

Comment

well, we've just got into industrial age, i have, 2 techs i think, the one before hostpitles and the one that gives railroads.

And Unionist Government is short for Local Union, my idea of EU on smaller scale.
      I have a united States one too.
      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

"you should read ther instead" that sounds like a suggestion, not a demand.

Comment

We're going to get one of Ming's postcards if we don't stop this; but unsolicited advice is never "a suggestion."

Hazie, listen to the voices...

Comment

Miccofl:

I responded because Hazie could make this an interesting story, but I just can't follow it in its current version. Also I wanted to indicate my displeasure over restarting the game. If you want to post a thread on a game, please have the decency to finish the game, or finish the thread. It is a huge letdown to read (paraphrazed version) "I got my a$$ kicked so I started over" Finally since Hazie is posting this, I figured that he may want to include more readers, and adding narration will certainly do that. If you read this thread for the humor value of it, then I cannot fault you. The suggestion to head to the stories section was exactly that---a suggestion, not a demand. You may take it or leave it as you wish. As for unsolicited advice, any time you post you are soliciting advice (commentary).
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

you wouldn't happen to be using a double login would you? You seem a little to smart for a usual Chieftain.

Comment

Seniority(post count) isn't exactly a sign of intelligence. Doesn't really mean anything besides just how many times they've posted. Just wanted to point that out.

As for the other stuff, what does it matter Mad Bomber? I doubt Hazie posted it here entirely to enthrall readers and hope people enjoyed it. Its probably a mix of hoping people enjoy a play-by-play and being able to tell everyone about your current game. I mean i'll tell people in IRC channels I idle in I just slaughtered about 10 million Idians through bombardment and starvation in the last war, but I don't think they really care. On here Hazie knows there will be some people following it anyway, doesn't need any strict format or anything.

Also advertising other sites is just in bad taste, especially since you start doing it after someones story doesn't fit how you'd like to be. If you don't like it, quit reading. Its as simple as that. Anyway, enjoying the game, can't wait to hear about how the war against the Americans goes.
                "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

no, its just usualy the intelligent people who can actualy be bothered to stay playing the same game (ie, civ3) and have a reason to post.

I'm not saying everybody with a high post count is intelligent, just some. The rest just post to much!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                    Miccofl:

I responded because Hazie could make this an interesting story, but I just can't follow it in its current version. Also I wanted to indicate my displeasure over restarting the game. If you want to post a thread on a game, please have the decency to finish the game, or finish the thread. It is a huge letdown to read (paraphrazed version) "I got my a$$ kicked so I started over" Finally since Hazie is posting this, I figured that he may want to include more readers, and adding narration will certainly do that. If you read this thread for the humor value of it, then I cannot fault you. The suggestion to head to the stories section was exactly that---a suggestion, not a demand. You may take it or leave it as you wish. As for unsolicited advice, any time you post you are soliciting advice (commentary).
                    Why didn't you just say that in the first place? What set me off, when you first posted was (and you started your post with it):

Please don't post stories like this again
                    and etc. An invocation to censorship...

Please understand, I live in a part of the US where attempts at the removal of books and other material form public and school libraries happens on a weekly basis. Just last weekend a church in a nearby community held a bonfire – for books, so I take censorship seriously. Here are some more opinions on the subject, it’s not just me:
                    • “Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us.” -Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas
                    • “One man's vulgarity is another's lyric." - Supreme Court Justice John Marshall Harlan
                    • “Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself. It is the hallmark of an authoritarian regime." –Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart
                    • “You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. Yet in their hearts there is unspoken - unspeakable! - fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts! Words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home, all the more powerful because they are forbidden. These terrify them. A little mouse - a little tiny mouse! -of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic." - Winston Churchill
                    • “Don't join the book burners. Don't think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed." -Dwight D. Eisenhower
                    • “To prohibit the reading of certain books is to declare the inhabitants to be either fools or slaves." -Claude Adrien Helvetius
                    • “Fear of corrupting the mind of the younger generation is the loftiest form of cowardice." -Holbrook Jackson
                    • “Did you ever hear anyone say 'That work had better be banned because I might read it and it might be very damaging to me?" -Joseph Henry Jackson
                    • “Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but unlike charity, it should end there." -Clare Booth Luce
                    • “Free societies...are societies in motion, and with motion comes tension, dissent, friction. Free people strike sparks, and those sparks are the best evidence of freedom's existence." -Salman Rushdie
                    • “But the truth is, that when a Library expels a book of mine and leaves an unexpurgated Bible lying around where unprotected youth and age can get hold of it, the deep unconscious irony of it delights me and doesn't anger me.” -Mark Twain

I now see that was not your intent, my apologies for the misunderstanding. I too was disappointed with the way the thread was going, but what would we have thought if he had told us a story about how the AI handed his ass to him because he played it out. Instead, we get a thread that stimulates social commentary on real life issues that are created by playing the game we all know and love, Civ3.

Comment

Chakotik:

I hope that Hazie did post here to benifit other posters who might be interested in what he has to say. I am not saying that Hazie doesn't have the right to post anything he wishes but I think that anyone who starts a thread should have more of a target audience than him or herself (and I do think that Hazie wishes that others read and likes the games that he plays) As for the plug it was inadvertent. I have been posting on the 'other site' since July but I am having problems with my account so I decided to check out this one.

Miccofl:

When I posted my first response I was a little upset, (but I am fealing MUCH better now ) I certainly did not intend to censor Hazie, just offer some blunt but honest advice. However I still feel that Hazie needs more depth and information in his posts wether given in a report format or a narritive format (and more screenshots have never hurt) I understand and agree with your adversion to censorship, each person must decide for him or herself what is appropriate for them.

Hazie:

I am not a newbie to CIv games nor to Civ fansites only a newbie in Apolyton.
                      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

yes, i need to get round to them, they just take a bit of work getting rid of the water marks.

i'll upload some maby tonight. I'm buisy making a massive campaign for operation flashpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by miccofl

It's the "War of Northern Agression" all over again. Don't give up the skeer!
                          Damn right baby! "The War of Northern Aggression".

Comment

ohhh, i cant beleave i didn't update and tell you about this!

I've taken the southern city on an island, i cant remember its name!

I'll upload two screenies (one being a map). And i'll find out that city name!

Comment

It was the island of Pheonix!

Heres a pic!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Ok, my current Civs geographical status is:
                                One continent
                                Half an island
                                The City of Exeter just sitting by its self in the middle of an ex-battlefield where a civ used to be!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X