Scientific Civs' Free Techs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike B. of Firaxis at CFC

Basically, it's a result of the algorithm used to randomly select an available tech. It's unintentionally heavily weighted towards the available tech that appears first in the list of techs (in the editor). It is supposed to select, at random, one tech from the new era that is available to the player (i.e., it has no prerequisites).

As an example, with unmodded rules you have the following available techs in the modern era with these approximate chances of being received:
    91% Rocketry
    1% Fission
    1% Computers
    7% Ecology

As you can see, Rocketry is heavily favored (simply because of it's placement within the list). This is unintentional and all 4 techs should have an equal chance of being selected. I will look into improving this for the next PTW patch.

Does anybody know if this has been addressed in a patch? I don't have PTW yet, so I have not noticed any differences yet.
    "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Comment

It has been, in patch 1.21f, now available worldwide...
      Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Working...
      X