No announcement yet.

Ideas For Updated Trait System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Or what if you add 'cumulative traits' that appear only after a certain time; example:

after Industrial age:

Mulitcultural
    or
    Nationalistic

come into being...

Multicultural gains population growth and improved relations with other nations; but corruption is higher (to simulate the troubled bureaucracy- or perhaps time to build could be increased? Although this perhaps should be part of a choice of Bureaucracy or Liberal Anarchy style of 'mini-govt' trait?) ... Sadly I can't think of an appropriate anti-action for Multicultural? Perhaps someone else can elaborate?

Nationalistic gains 2 shields and +1 to attack? or -1 to corruption? (Something to simulate the growth of nation-states in europe) [Special enemies with Religious civs?] (to simulate Germany's dislike for Rome and the splitting that accompanied the Protestant Reformation and the formation of Nation States into secular societies?

...These traits could either be picked or influenced by how the player had been playing the game beforehand.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You know, this is growing similar to the way traits are developed in Empire Earth. Except in Empire Earth you would get to choose traits, though there would be a lot more of them, and any individual one is not game breaking.
      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

...Why ignore a great idea then?

Traits are a good idea? Especially like Empire Earth's... why lose that dimension just because it;'s a rip off ?
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I prefer the idea of giving each civ a major and minor trait, with the "minor" version of the trait being a scaled-back version of the major (the major would be the normal form). Minor industrious would have workers at 150% speed, as opposed to 200%; minor religious would have religious buildings 25% cheaper, as opposed to 50%, and two turns of anarchy instead of one; etc.

Each civ would still get two techs at startup-- one from their major trait, and a random other tech. (I'd imagine if your major trait is Scientific, you could choose the tech...)
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Each civ would still get two techs at startup-- one from their major trait, and a random other tech. (I'd imagine if your major trait is Scientific, you could choose the tech...)
            Well, Vlad, I agree with you if it's a custom map, but if it's a world map then I think it should be set- or better still- before the game starts, teh use could customize the traits!
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

i'm perfecly happy with the trait sysem as it is... nice ideas though.
              what i would do is replace expansionest(the part of the trait system i don't like) with agricultural. that would work well.
              cheaper graineries and +1 food to all towns/cities/metros(not each square, just the city) would be good enough. of coarse, the despotism food limit would have to be removed for that to work.
              hmm, that could be another thing they get, no food restrictions in despotism.

Comment

Working...
              X