No announcement yet.

Newbie questions: surrender, elite units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one more question. I heard people talking about ai vassal states? What is that?

I thought there was a condition where they were down to 1 or 2 cities and they would "surrender" not the actual word they use, but they would become permanantly allied with you and supply you with techs? That cannot happen?

Comment

I've never heard of that, dissident. I think you can make a small rival civ a VIRTUAL vassal state ... but there's no treaty or diplomatic action built in to the game for that.

Unfortunately.

Cheers
      ~Thadalex

Edit: PS
      Vassal
      1 : a person under the protection of a feudal lord to whom he has vowed homage and fealty : a feudal tenant
      2 : one in a subservient or subordinate position
      "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
      -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        one more question. I heard people talking about ai vassal states? What is that?

I thought there was a condition where they were down to 1 or 2 cities and they would "surrender" not the actual word they use, but they would become permanantly allied with you and supply you with techs? That cannot happen?
        are you making these questions up
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
          are you making these questions up
          Hey it does say Newbie questions

Cheers
          ~Thadalex
          "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
          -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Not made up... lesser AI civs are referred to with a number of labels, depending on the relationships being described. Examples include: vassals, punching bag, and bee-yatch.

Take a look at this thread:

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

BTW:
              in PTW you will be able to name any of your units any time

Firaxian comment
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
              X