No announcement yet.

Names for your leader-generating units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the same when you don't really need any GL's anymore, suddenly they seem to come from everywhere .

As they do in my current game, Got only 1 in 3500years of fighting (and coul'd have used a few more),now I'm allmost ready to start using them to rush temples.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

But who here uses GLs to build armies once they have the possibility of building them in a city? And probably due to my playing style, I usually don't go all out warfare until I can build leaders (I think due to my love of cossacks). I tend to save up my leaders for wonders, because I'm a wonder whore. You might as well use GLs generated in the field to rush build a GL.... er... or something....

Comment

capone,

Well, I do sometimes. I just finished a game as the Aztecs in which I lost count of the leaders I got.

Let's see...

Great Library (I think... might've built this one), Palace move, Sistine, Leo's, Bach, Army, Copernicus, Smith, Magellan, Newton, Army, ToE. So that would be 12.

I think the only wonders I actually built were the Colossus, Great Lighthouse, HG, Sun Tzu and Hoover. I captured the Pyramids, GW and the Oracle. Did I miss any?

As you can see, I used a leader on a second army relatively late in the game (I was actually building the Academy at the time). Why? Because there was no wonder available for rushing, and my 1st army was made up of knights. I had a ton of Cavalry, and wanted a Cav army. I could have waited, but whatever.
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Aaaaah... It's nice to get to know a fellow wonder slut....

Wonder Whores of the world! UNITE!!!

Comment

I have a few times made an army in the MA city. I wanted to make the pentagon and needed another army to do it. This let me get the fourth unit into the armies.

Comment

(heroic name) of (event)

My latest Rider that created a GL when attacking the Roman city of Antioch was called 'Misu of Antioch'

BTW, do you freak out like me when your hero gets kicked around the map?
              The willow knows what the storm does not; that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it

Comment

I do something like "Leader name" + "Unit name", but only when I'm fast enough to read the leader name when he are generated.

BTW, do you freak out like me when your hero gets kicked around the map?
                I try to move him city by city until it arrive in some place I want to build a wonder or army, or I calculate the moviment to the leader be able stay scorted when my turn ends.
                But yes, it's terrible when some enemy units aproach the leader position. I just see and pray...
                Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

Originally posted by zeh
                  I try to move him city by city until it arrive in some place I want to build a wonder or army, or I calculate the moviment to the leader be able stay scorted when my turn ends.
                  But yes, it's terrible when some enemy units aproach the leader position. I just see and pray...
                  Well, yes, that's terrible too, but I meant the unit that creates the hero, the one you get to name. I don't like him to die either, dunno why
                  The willow knows what the storm does not; that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it

Comment

Hadrians 101st Red Horse Brigade (cavalry)
                    Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Working...
                    X