No announcement yet.

Strategic Oil Reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're probably correct on that last one, Stuff2. So the reserve would last longer, but at the expense of making lot's of poeple unhappy (unless you have really good public relations). I wounder if Civ III could have the equivalent of OPEC and oil embargoes.
    "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Roman on 09-25-2000 02:57 PM
      Firaxis has already informed us that it will include the concept of resources and the possibility of cutting them off for the enemy into Civ 3. Now, it would probably be reasonable to enable players to stockpile these resources (oil or anything else) for the case of such an emergency.

Sounds great , it would add both realism and interesting gameplay. Maybe we will finally get real Granaries

Wood, stone and iron should be on the list, too. Hmmm, Imperialism wasn't such a bad game, huh?

------------------
      If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
      A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
      Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Ribannah
        Are you refering to a iron, wood and stone reserve?

If so I think that those resources should be used only to build or repair units not to maintain them.

[This message has been edited by Gen. Thomas Jackson (edited October 02, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Firaxis has already informed us that it will include the concept of resources and the possibility of cutting them off for the enemy into Civ 3.

They did? where can this be found? i think i missed an article somewhere

------------------
          "Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
          -Michael Sinz

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Gen. Thomas Jackson on 10-02-2000 07:09 PM
            Are you refering to a iron, wood and stone reserve?

Yes. And food, too.

quote:

If so I think that those resources should be used only to build or repair units not to maintain them.

Well, it could simply be a reserve of shields. Shields also pay for maintenance, so until the reserve is depleted, a city could support extra units. If you plan a war, start building up that reserve!

The reserve could also be used for rush-building units AND improvements, wonders, spaceship parts, with some loss of efficiency.

------------------
            If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
            A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
            Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ribannah on 10-03-2000 09:09 AM

Well, it could simply be a reserve of shields. Shields also pay for maintenance, so until the reserve is depleted, a city could support extra units. If you plan a war, start building up that reserve!

The reserve could also be used for rush-building units AND improvements, wonders, spaceship parts, with some loss of efficiency.

If I'm following you correctly, shields would be the type of resource that would be used to maintain the units and to build them. Doesn't that eliminate the useage of other resorces to maintain units? I think that just a shield reserve would eliminate the effect of embargoes. A city in Civ 2 already produces shields, but not all cities are near wood, oil, or other major resources. This would bring us back to the current system of using shield both for building and maintainace. I think that for simpilicties sake that shields should be used for building units, but other resources, gold, oil,wood,energy, should be used to maintian them.

One more thing, food is already in reserve of sorts(think of the storage facilty in the city screen).

Comment

Nemo, see the letter from Sid thread on this forum for more info and the link to the letter.
                Rome rules

Comment

Working...
                X