This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did you do to them before
    Nothing. I had been trading Wines for their Furs since the time we could trade!

I guess it's moot now - the Aztecs and Egyptians all but destroyed them, and now they have 1 city sitting on some tundra.
    One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Improved vocabulary!

I've never seen the Millitary Advisor say this before:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by steven8r; March 4, 2003, 14:58.
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

you'd think when saying that he would look , I dont know.... i bit more happy about saying that. (unless you blasted enemy and your troops with nukes) that would mean mixed emotions,
        Moo Goes the Cow, Onk Goes the pig, Baa Goes the Sheep, War goes the Bush

Comment

I think he's saddend because my country is currently running at a deficit. His next line will probably be, "Unless we get some more gold, we cannot support more of our glorious troops."

But I do agree, he should be a bit more up-beat about it.
          "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Maybe he just feels sad about himself, since he could not satisfy his wife the last year.

With such problems, he doesn't mind much about the empire.

Comment

He just wishes that some hot chick would say that to him someday.

Comment

why dont you figure out what the minister of culture thinks of him?
                Moo Goes the Cow, Onk Goes the pig, Baa Goes the Sheep, War goes the Bush

Comment

Re: Improved vocabulary!

Originally posted by steven8r
                  I've never seen the Millitary Advisor say this before:
                  hi ,

, that has to be a mod , right , .....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I just shake my head and laugh when an advisor frowns while saying "Sir the citizens of Paris are happy" or smiles while saying "Rouen is growing slowly."

Different things make different people happy I guess...
                    One OS to rule them all,
                    One OS to find them,
                    One OS to bring them all
                    and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Re: Re: Improved vocabulary!

Originally posted by panag
                      hi ,
                      , that has to be a mod , right , .....
                      have a nice day
                      Well, I am running some terrain mods and I'm using Elvis as my Domestic Advisor, and I've beefed-up some of the unit stats, but other than that, I'm not playing with any mods that should affect the Millitary Advisor.

I think he will say this when/if your forces are vastly superior in number to any of the AIs, or something like that. I am the only civ that currently has Modern Armor--and lots of 'em.

So, in answer to your question, I am not modding anything from the Millitary Advisor stand-point.

Comment

I do not have a screenshot at the moment, but what is also strange is when you offer a deal like this:

We give

Furs

And then you ask: What can you offer for that?
                        And they respond: We're not going to do that. No chance at all.

And they don't even offer one gold or something.
                        It is I Le Clerk! ;-) Quote from Allo allo.

Comment

Kampus, often this is due to them not being able to trade at that time. For instance, they no longer have a road connecting to you or a harbor.

Comment

No it is not that. Because if it wasn't available anymore you would not be able to select it.

I have heard it explain as follows: the AI thinks offering 1 gold is not a worthy deal so he will not offer it....
                            It is I Le Clerk! ;-) Quote from Allo allo.

Comment

I've had AIs get insulted if I ask for anything more than 1 gold for a tech. I've also had an AI gladly accept 1 gold for an industrial age tech.

Comment

Sometimes when the deal is almost closed, I just put a little more gold or something, and then they will NEVER ACCEPT such a deal. I know it has something to do with AI attittude and some rep damage, but letting the deal almost work and then send it to hell is a good way of making me get pretty P.Oed

Comment

Working...
                                X