Can anyone explain this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm on a much faster connection
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'd be tempted to say that they have a goldmine, but I think the bonus is still not enough to pay all the units.
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
        and maybe leftover cash
        There is no leftover cash, when they signed the peace treaty, they handed me all of their cash. If I investigate that city now, I see they have zero cash. As I said before, they continue to support that many units 100 years later.

Comment

Is it in anarchy ?
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

When you gave them the city, were there any units in it? If yes, probably they don't have to pay maintenance for them.

Edited:
            Oops, I've just remembered: when you get a city, there is only one unit in it. So, this post is simply useless. Forget it.
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
              When you gave them the city, were there any units in it? If yes, probably they don't have to pay maintenance for them.
              No, there was no unit it. Even if there are units in it, they all would be destroyed since we can't give away unit (other than worker).

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                Is it in anarchy ?
                No, it is in Democracy if you look at the second screen shot.

Comment

Here is my save game, 100 years later. They even build more units after that. Now, they have 1 more rifleman. If you have fast connection, check out my savegame to see if it makes any sense. Thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I dont have the .exe here so I'll look later.

Comment

Building units is not a problem, they probably have a 1 or 2 shield production (can't try it, sorry, I don't have the game here).

The question is: what are the consequences if you don't have enough money to pay maintenance and you have 0 gold left? I presume the units should be disbanded. But it has never happened to me (in civ3) so I don't know
                      --George Bernard Shaw
                      --Woody Allen

Comment

Here is the snapshot inside their city, as you see, they just build another rifleman and an archer within 6 more turn.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh btw, those workers are mine. Since all my troops are oversea at the moment, I'm surrounding their city with my workers (just in case, they decide to build a settler and start wandering out to build more city).

PS: You may wondering why I let them live with just 1 city. Well, as you see, I already destroyed all other civs; by letting one of them live, I'm able to play until 2050 AD. It is just like SimCity from this point foreward; I don't have to worry about fighting war no more.

Comment

Maybe they are receiving some secret funds

PS Btw, how can you play with no one left? What's the fun in that?
                            --George Bernard Shaw
                            --Woody Allen

Comment

Here is another screen shot 100 years later from my first post in this thread. As you see, they are able to support more and more units. They now have a worker and another rifleman to support which would bring the total number of units to 20. My question is: Does the AI pay 'unit support' cost like we do?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well they've got 11 gold/turn. So it could support that many units. What level is this played on? Could the AI advantages at higher levels be a factor?

Comment

Working...
                                X