Can anyone explain this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone explain this?

How is it possible for this city to support that many units (see screen shot in the next post)?
    Attached Files

(continue from previous post)

[edit]I forgot the image[/edit]

Comment

(continue from the first post)
      Attached Files

Comment

Whats to explain? The workers are not from the "lost civ" Note the culture lines. Even if they were, I'd give the same reply.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Now that theres a piccie- naval vessels from other cities. In civ3 (unlike civ and civ2) units are not linked to specific cities. OK
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
            Whats to explain? The workers are not from the "lost civ" Note the culture lines. Even if they were, I'd give the same reply.
            You answer too soon, I'm still uploading the second image. Please look at the second picture and see if you can explain it. How come a city of size 1 be able to support that many units? I have savegame for it too, 100 years later, that city (still in size 1) continue to support that many units.

Comment

Now that theres a piccie- naval vessels from other cities. In civ3 (unlike civ and civ2) units are not linked to specific cities. OK
              There is no other cities, the Iroquois has only 1 city "lost civ" left.

Comment

Sorry. Double post.
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Is it a trick-question, or you really don't know?

OK, my guess:

1. Is it the only city? Units are no longer supported by the city that produced them, they are supported by the civilization as a whole.

2. Maybe they are captured workers. You don't have to pay maintenance for captured units.

Interesting screenshot. What's the story behind it?
                  "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

Damn, we were all posting in the same time. I haven't seen the previous answers.
                    --George Bernard Shaw
                    --Woody Allen

Comment

Here is my worldmap, as you see there is no other civ left. I let the Iroquois live with 1 city of size 1 in iceland. The reason that city name 'Lost Civilization' because I built it and give it to the Iroquois at the beginning of the war.
                      Attached Files

Comment

All the extra units are naval. Its a re-spawn of the Iroquois civ so the surviving naval units from the original civ moved there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                          Interesting screenshot. What's the story behind it?
                          There is no story behind it. Since the Iroquois is in Democracy, that means they have to pay 1 gold to support each unit. How come a city of size 1 (their entire empire has only 1 city and it is size 1) can be able to support that many units?

Comment

Since you built it and gave it to them its not a re-spawn but the same principle applies. Maybe you're asking this from a philosophical perspective " How can such a small pathetic city support so many modern units?".

The answer, its a game

and maybe leftover cash

Comment

All the extra units are naval. Its a re-spawn of the Iroquois civ so the surviving naval units from the original civ moved there.
                              No, there is no re-spawn. If you look at the city name, you may have notice that it named "Lost Civ" which was built by me. AIs would never name their capitol 'Lost Civ'. Anyway, savegame is available, does anyone care to take a look?

Comment

Working...
                              X