No announcement yet.

One more time: multiple production in one city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be content with a unit construction queue and a improvement construction queue. Maybe a misc if we need it for wonders or soemthing.

------------------
    I use this email
    (stupid cant use hotmail)
    gamma_par4@hotmail.com
    Don't ask for golf tips
    Your game will get worse
    HappyLand

Comment

You're right - MKL's point was just too valid. Oh well, there goes this idea...

------------------
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Sorry. It's one of those things that sounds great at first, but doesn't really work. Someone explained it to me once, and chances are someone else will ask the same question a month or two from now... and you'll be able to tell them. We'll just keep passing the baton.

- MKL
        - mkl

Comment

MKL: I just say

1. Rush-building

2. You have a wonder of the world going on AND need more units! What do you do? Cancel the wonder? Really?

All in all building productions shouldn't be "deleted" when they are cancelled. If they were just stopped and you could later repeat building them, we wouldn't need that multiple production except for rush-building!

Another idea:
          city with 100 production should be able to at least create 2 units with prod cost of 50 per turn! Has that been mentioned before? what do you think? We also wouldn't have to use this multiple thingy...

Comment

my idea would solve mlk's problem because in democracy or more free market economies there would be an hefty effeincy lost, so it would be more worthwhile to do multiple (in mose cases)

in communism there would not be the effeincy lost so oyu would want to do one at a time

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think production anywhere in civ should be much more realistically handled. Every thing that is possible to build cost money and resources and work. This means that u need money (from taxes), resources (from the production in the region) and workers (people who do the job). When u build something u simply get a dialogue box that tells u how much money and resources it will cost and how much time it will take. If nothing has to be built you simply don't waste your time on it.

Whenever nothing is built resources is stockpiled.
              stuff

Comment

Any comments on my post?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

How about this idea then:
                  While building a wonder you have the option to rush-build a unit at anytime. The turn that you rush-build the unit would not have any shields go to the wonder, but at least you didn't have to sacrifice the wonder! Of course, rush-building the unit would cost the same amount as rushing a unit normally with no shields (ie it cost twice as much or something).

Take that, MKL!

------------------
                  No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
                  No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

One thing that no-one has mentioned is trade offs. For example, can you risk building that factory before I start building the wonder. If you can build everything at the same time then there is no trade off, though as MKL said mutiple queues are pointless unless you get a bonus for doing so.

A related idea that I had was that of batch building. Foe example, one unit takes 10 turns, but building a batch of 10 units might only take 90 turns, but you wouldnt get any units until the 90 turns are up. It might also be possible to build different types of constucts in the same batch.
                    "Through the eyes of perfection evolution dies slowly."

Comment

I hate building units. Before 1950 it's just a waste of time and after you have already won.

Units should not be built with shields at all. Wonders should be built with resources from the whole civ and the rest improvements should be built with cash from whoever can afford it. There are several possible buyers:
                      - U as the civ leader
                      - The governors you have selected
                      - The people that want it (corporations, and companies)
                      stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X