World Map Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacticalGrace
    given the claims that the AI cheats and knows the whole map anyway, it would seem like a good deal to sell it maps even for 1 gold...
    I must confess, even if this was confirmed by a firaxian, I dought it actualy uses this knowlege. Since I don't give out world maps for any reason. This makes the AI expand a lot slower then when I used to trade maps.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

given the claims that the AI cheats and knows the whole map anyway, it would seem like a good deal to sell it maps even for 1 gold...
      The AI does know the whole map but at the same time it doesn't know the whole map. It would be stupid for the programmers to write code that hides the map from the AI. The AI does know everything but doesn't use it all. The AI will still explore and do everything you do. Never sell your map unless you can get good money for it and only sell your map if you are going to sell it to everyone because if you don't everyone will have it next turn anyway.
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik

The AI does know the whole map but at the same time it doesn't know the whole map.

That is what I was thinking. They prevented the AI from actualy using this information by putting it into a [AL_GORE]Lock Box[/AL_GORE].

Damn I love C++ classes
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

The shroud is just a graphic put on top of the terrain graphic. The AI doesn't use the pictures to "see" things, so it does "know" the entire map. However, it is programmed to ignore this knowledge. The holes in this programming are what cause the AI to be able to cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            The holes in this programming are what cause the AI to be able to cheat.
            And we all know that the AI does this.

Well, atleast thats my excuse anyway...
            What's my signature going to be when I become a Warlord? Guess and Win!
            I've got the body of a GOD. So what if it's Buddha? ~Cheiftain
            There are only 3 types of people in this world; the ones that can count, and the ones that can't. ~Settler

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
              The holes in this programming are what cause the AI to be able to cheat.

Don't say the 'C' word!

Comment

If you lighten or remove the Fog of war PCX you can see the difference between land and water but nothing else so you still need to explore to see what kind it is.
                Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                3D Unit tutorial
                My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Originally posted by Level
                  If you lighten or remove the Fog of war PCX you can see the difference between land and water but nothing else so you still need to explore to see what kind it is.

That might be usful for that late game huge (256x256), but I don't want to know even that much that early in the game.

Comment

The AI can't see the graphics so it has the same infomation you have when you modify the fog of war PCX so it still needs to explore.
                    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                    3D Unit tutorial
                    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

OT: Level, clicking on "Crawler" in your sig took me to the Rocket Soldier thread. You may want to fix that...

Nice work on those units, though!
                      "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                      "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Working...
                      X