Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people so quick to bandy around the term "cheat"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vmxa1
    I Would you not at least wait until the war was over?
    In this late in the game, when one makes peace, the rest that were "MPPed" into the war still continue, and when countered attacked, the civ that made peace declares war again! It doesn't end until a civ is destoyed.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Or until 20 years have passed. I never sign a MPP unless I plan to be at war for the next 20 years. If the war starts 10 years into the MPP, I regard that as a bonus. I don't think I've ever failed (intentionally) to cancel an MPP, and now that auto-renegotiate is available I probably never well.

On topic: I would be willing to throw out the word "cheat" if someone told me they had hacked the game, or even changed the settings in the editor to make the game easier. My reasoning is simple: If I did it, I would consider myself to be cheating myself of a funner experience. I'm fully aware that people have the right to play a single player game any way they want without stigma being attached, but the first thing I hold information up to is my personal viewpoint. Since I am aware, the term "cheat" doesn't really hold to much stigma or animosity though. But that initial gut reaction when comparing what is being done to what I would do is where the readyness and willingness to toss the word "cheat" around comes from. Thinking comes later.
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      1. Child born out of wedlock.
      2. Bastard.

Comment

Trawn05, the MPP war I was talking about occurs even in the first age. I am on a large continent with at least 4 races (have not see a the land so far. I get into a numer of wars with most of them and eventualy they seek peace. At some point I get into war with one race and later another race signs an MPP with them and is forced to declare war. I understand that they can be bribed, but what kind of a bribe would it take for you to join in on a war against some one who kicked your butt and that civs as well? In fact the civ really had nothing to offer as techs had all been leveled on both races and they had no money? All I am saying is that seems silly and it does hurt the fun when you are soon in neck deep with everyone. Once MPP's become available they are abused.
        I would submit that ROP's are also abused. Would you really want tohave numerous friendly troops in your lands? How long will it be before they come for you? I just would like to see them toned down a bit.

Comment

Working...
        X