No announcement yet.

Did you know that your armies can do this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, J is the correct key. I usually use J with the combination of "wake up all" and "fortify all". Patch 1.29f makes it so much easier to move units in stack. I wish there is a hot key for the "wake up all" and "fortify all" as well.

Comment

Dunno nither works for me . D@mn It!!
      Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Comment

Is your J key broken?

It really does work, at least with1.29f on a PC.

What happens when you hit the J key anyway?

What should happen is that you will get the GOTO cursor. If you get that then its working right. If you don't get that something is messing up your keystrokes or you need to uninstall and reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea41571
          Dunno nither works for me . D@mn It!!
          Ethelred correctly points out the mechanics... you press the J key, you get the goto cursor and you have to MOUSECLICK the target tile then. You cannot use the cursor keys - those move the current unit only.

Comment

I usually use the J key for normal movement, too, as I never remember the goto hotkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
              All units of the same type in a stack can be moved with the SHIFT-J hotkey. Fortified units will not move so you can SHIFT-J units in cities without taking the units that were fortified to protect the city.

SHIFT-J works with workers as well as military units. Very usefull for moving a stack to repair captured grasslands the the AI had irrigated so they could have massive worthless cities with major pollution problems.
              You just need to press "J", there's no "Shift" required.

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                hi ,

there should be the option to unload an army , ...

have a nice day

This is why I rather have a stack of 20 units then just an little army unit.

But how should I know, I never ever gotten a GL.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05

This is why I rather have a stack of 20 units then just an little army unit.

But how should I know, I never ever gotten a GL.
                  hi ,

never - ever

okay , start with a couple of them next time , ....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                    I usually use the J key for normal movement, too, as I never remember the goto hotkey.
                    its the "G" key
                    regards
                    Krakatoa

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
                      [SHIFT-J works with workers as well as military units. Very usefull for moving a stack to repair captured grasslands the the AI had irrigated so they could have massive worthless cities with major pollution problems.
                      Another interesting (IMHO) use of "J" is to relocate a stack of air units from an air base to another, without have to "click-fest" Relocate icon and every single bomber or fighter you own in town. Activate one bomber, press J then leftclick on new city.

I use it a lot when I shift my Air Support from a main front to another, every time the AI goes crazy with my Civ and start a "domino effect" war with all that mutual protection pact they are so silly to respect, also if I'm the Civ is attacked
                      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I like the "J" key and "wake all" and "fortify all"....too bad we don't have an "upgrade all" that would save a lot of clicking.
                        "And that, my friends, sucks goat ass." ---Venger---

Comment

There is, Shift-U.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                            There is, Shift-U.
                            I couldn't imagine trying to play the game without using shift-U, a thousand more clicks. how fun

Comment

Di d you know that your army can not pillage an improvement? Why? Did you know that a battered army will not heal completely in one turn with a barracks, why? If any normal ground unit can deal all of its HP in one turn, why can't an army? If all the units were not in an army they would heal completely.
                              I would not complain about an Unload command, but I understand that may unbalance things. Dropping those reg/vet for elites or worse yet horsemen for calv may be too much to allow.

Comment

Working...
                              X