Did you know that your armies can do this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know that your armies can do this:

Attack mutiple time in the same turn. I'm so surprise to realize that my cavalry army can attack twice in the same turn.

With patch 1.29f, I also notice that my army can heal alot faster too.

yep, blitz capability

no need to share everything you discover though
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes I did know. And isn't three times, if you start the attacks next to an enemy?
      "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
      --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

This stuff was in the patch readme.

Yes, they fixed the healing so that each unit inside the army heals 1 HP per turn (2 HP inside a city).

Before, armies healed only 1 HP per turn total (2 HP inside a city).

Comment

Originally posted by dunk

Yes, they fixed the healing so that each unit inside the army heals 1 HP per turn (2 HP inside a city).

Cool! Thanks for the info! I didn't know that since I didn't read the readme file.

Comment

I had noticed before that an army in a city with barracks would take more than one turn to heal. Have they fixed that, too?

Do regular units heal twice as fast in cities without barracks, or only units in armies?

I usually read the changes as I wait for the file to download, but I don't remember reading about those changes, so maybe I didn't do it last time.
            "God is dead." - Nietzsche
            "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

I would assume so since the indiviual units inside the army heal at the normal rate now.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk

That's a big bonus!
                Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

I didn`t know this either I mean who read the .txt file or the manual anyway Just install the game and off we go wohoo: learning by doing-trial and error.
                  Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

is there any way to move a stacked group of troops all at once (who are not in an army)? . the book or the Patch says something like Press Shift -S to do this . Can some one plz explain this it doesnt work for me ..
                    Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Sea41571
                      is there any way to move a stacked group of troops all at once (who are not in an army)? . the book or the Patch says something like Press Shift -S to do this . Can some one plz explain this it doesnt work for me ..
                      The shortcut is "J". It will move all non-fortified units of the same kind from one tile to another at once much like the GoTo command. No way to move different units at once, though.

Comment

All units of the same type in a stack can be moved with the SHIFT-J hotkey. Fortified units will not move so you can SHIFT-J units in cities without taking the units that were fortified to protect the city.

SHIFT-J works with workers as well as military units. Very usefull for moving a stack to repair captured grasslands the the AI had irrigated so they could have massive worthless cities with major pollution problems.

Comment

Cool Thx Guys
                          Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Comment

Interesting, I have just tried it and "J" works for me, while "Shift-J" does not (not a CapsLock issue... )...?
                            I do admit that most people mention "Shift-J", not just "J"... maybe some weird issue with my custom made keyboard driver?
                            Last edited by vondrack; August 21, 2002, 05:10.

Comment

More likely I just got it wrong. I just hit the keys and if it doesn't work one way I do it the other. My fingers remember what to do anyway.

J sounds right. I most likely was stuck on SHIFT from the SHIFT-A command for workers.

Comment

Working...
                              X