Inbetween Despotism and Commuism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SABRA
    Lets hope that with PTW there are some new types .
    Any news on that .
    Just make your own, it's not that hard to do. Now that the gov specific buildings are working properly, there's lots of things you can do to differeniate between various types. I doubt very much if Firaxis will be adding anymore.

Comment

Theocracy is a form of govm. Theology is a subject

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
        Unit Support Costs: NONE!
        This would be the best government for warmonger like me but I often thought that there must be something in between Communism and Despotism which are both too strict and to inflexible we would need a more flexible one with not so strict pros- and cons and Feudalism would be ideal.
        Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          I'm back to re-ask a question:

is it possible to make a more corrupt communal government?
          I've looked for ways to do the opposite: make a LESS corrupt communal government. But there's no way to adjust it in the editor.

There are other ways to edit down corruption in general, but I think you're looking to only adjust the commie communal rate (like I was). Its just not possible in the current version of the editor.
          Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by Galvatron

This would be the best government for warmonger like me but I often thought that there must be something in between Communism and Despotism which are both too strict and to inflexible we would need a more flexible one with not so strict pros- and cons and Feudalism would be ideal.

Well, the fact you can't hurry, larger than normal amount of population needed to draft, 50% research and citizens in captured cities CAN'T assimilate, it's best for that 10 turn war. I've played the game through with this government, and it is hard for me a builder, to maintain a government and still defend myself.

One of the big problems I found after defeating two civs at the same time (France to the west, Russia to north east), is that make sure you decommission most of your units... unless you like the spend the next 3 turns making -1000 because of unit costs before you relize you are broke!
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I think that an absolutist government (a la Maria Theresa or Frederick II) would be a great addition for the game. I think that it's important to distinguish between the various forms of monarchy. Their governments were extremely different from those of the tsars and those of more liberal monarchs in the west. I would like to see governments based on more autocratic visions of monarchy and then another one with more progressive monarchs.

Also, really wanted to see a government of city-states like a confederation (like the HRE or Hanseatic League perhaps?) I really want various economic systems to complement the governments, but that would be too much to hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by jsw363
                Also, really wanted to see a government of city-states like a confederation (like the HRE or Hanseatic League perhaps?) I really want various economic systems to complement the governments, but that would be too much to hope for.
                That would require the game to be rewritten I believe.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Falconius

I've looked for ways to do the opposite: make a LESS corrupt communal government. But there's no way to adjust it in the editor.

There are other ways to edit down corruption in general, but I think you're looking to only adjust the commie communal rate (like I was). Its just not possible in the current version of the editor.
                  It would be really nice to have two selectors for gov corruption. One to select centralized or communal, and another to select the degree.

Comment

Working...
                  X