Addicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
    I try to hide my addiction from my wife. I go to bed with her and when she falls alseep I go down stairs and play. The dark circles under my eyes and her now frequent bathroom breaks (8 months pregnant) have made this impossible to pull off lately.

But my true sign of addiction...

Have you every been playing on Friday or Saturday night while your drinking. I'm so addicted to civ I'll sit with an open beer and forget to drink it. I've hit rock bottom
    But what do you pee in if you have no empties?

(keeping them sorted is tricky sometimes, nothing worse than seeing a bottle out of the corner of your eye, taking a swig and realizing you've just gulped your own urine)

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick

But what do you pee in if you have no empties?

(keeping them sorted is tricky sometimes, nothing worse than seeing a bottle out of the corner of your eye, taking a swig and realizing you've just gulped your own urine)
      I thought the warm beers were just Corona

Comment

@ jimmytrick:

2 have you come to the other side???

about the 'Apo fix': you guys are lucky, I can't get to an 'internet' computer, all it let's me do is email and some very boring intranet stuff
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I think I'll play some of the MP, enough to stomp eyesonfight or whatever he calls himself...then I'll quit this sorry game for good.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
            I think I'll play some of the MP, enough to stomp eyesonfight or whatever he calls himself...then I'll quit this sorry game for good.

Do you mean Aeson? or maybe asleepatthewheel?
            Aeson would pretty much wipe the floor with anybody here judging by the games I have seen him win.
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

no, he probably means eyesofnight (sp?). I think.

Edit. eyes is a civ2 mp'er
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I have no gripe with Aeson but SP is not MP. I have done enough Mp to know that unless Aeson has MP experience he will have a bigger learning curve than he thinks.

Eyesofright is a big dawg Civ3 MP legend whining about combat randomness spoiling his cheap rush strategy. Sounds worth sharpening the blades for.

Comment

Talk about addiction... I'm hosting a party and ran downstairs to see if 1337 finally posted his Roman game!!
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Re: Addicted

Originally posted by Artifex
                    I have been away from my computer for 5 days and am starting to think of civ all the time. It is almost like a drug, I need to play now. Anyone else suffer from this?

Reading stories about the situation in the mideast vis a vis Iraq makes me want to fire up the computer and start some wars.
                    If you really want help, you will need to start slowly. Try some games of tetris to wean yourself from Civ. After that move on to some board games and then eventually to simple card games. By that time you should have your addiction beat.
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                      Talk about addiction... I'm hosting a party and ran downstairs to see if 1337 finally posted his Roman game!!

I'd be suprised if he does.
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Re: Addicted

Originally posted by MosesPresley

If you really want help, you will need to start slowly. Try some games of tetris to wean yourself from Civ. After that move on to some board games and then eventually to simple card games. By that time you should have your addiction beat.
                        would that be 'Civilazion' the boardgame??
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I also have the same problems as you guys, I have summer holiday now so it often happens to me that I dont come outside anymore for more than a week.

Comment

Just another voice chipping in to say I share the same addiction with you all.

"Hi my name is Haupt. Dietrich and I'm addicted to Civ3." "I take my days one day at a time." "Live and let live."

Arrian:

I can relate to waking in the morning promising myself that when I get home I'll go to bed. Never could keep promises to myself.
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Very addictive. Only it keeps me from sleep sometimes. Once I didnt go to the mall with my friends

Comment

Working...
                              X