My workers starts a war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My workers starts a war?

Why are the AI afraid of my workers? In my current level I have just canceled the RoP aggreement with the Japanese, moved all my soldiers out of little Japan (It's a pretty small country, so it's hard to miss some ), the only units that's in the country is my workers. Next turn he says it's an act of war (or something like that) to move my workers through his country...Why is he so scared of my little friendly workers? So just because of this, he started a war...
    This space is empty... or is it?

This will happen. It might be because you can change his terrain.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

There used to be an exploit where someone could place a 0 unit, like a worker or a Scout, on top of a resource and prevent the AI from building a road to it. So now the AI will consider any unit as a threat if it's in it's territory, and tell you to move it.

Comment

It does seem a bit odd, but if you think about it, it really is realistic.

If America suddenly started marching loads of engineers through Iraqi territory without asking permission I think Saddam would have something to say about it.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
          It does seem a bit odd, but if you think about it, it really is realistic.

If America suddenly started marching loads of engineers through Iraqi territory without asking permission I think Saddam would have something to say about it.
          Or vice versa especially.

Comment

Sure...maybe it should be a little formular for this:

If "number of Workers inside territory" =< 4 then
            ignore
            else
            Ask them to get the hell out of there
            end if

I understand why they could be afraid of 1000+ workers, but to be afraid of 1 is just a little dumb (If it's just passing through...That means, if the Civ who owns the workers, owns land on both sides...)

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
              Sure...maybe it should be a little formular for this:

If "number of Workers inside territory" =< 4 then
              ignore
              else
              Ask them to get the hell out of there
              end if

I understand why they could be afraid of 1000+ workers, but to be afraid of 1 is just a little dumb (If it's just passing through...That means, if the Civ who owns the workers, owns land on both sides...)
              but even 4 workers could plant forests on major irrigated areas to starve out cities. perhaps planting a forst should be an act of war? DIE GREENPEACE DIE.

maybe ALTERING someone's existing structures (ie mining an irrigated tile, etc) should be an act of war.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                maybe ALTERING someone's existing structures (ie mining an irrigated tile, etc) should be an act of war.
                Doesn't it already do this? Before Civ3 was released I read that this was an act of war, have never tried it though...

Comment

When you control land you control all its uses, including using it as transportation. If another nation wants a convenient road through your territory you have the right to ask for something in return.

Also I definitely would not want other nation’s settlers to be able to use my territory.

Comment

Originally posted by seano1
                    Also I definitely would not want other nation’s settlers to be able to use my territory.
                    Do you mean using your territory as building on, or using it as passing through?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

Do you mean using your territory as building on, or using it as passing through?
                      Passing through

Comment

Re: My workers starts a war?

Originally posted by ADG
                        Why are the AI afraid of my workers?
                        The feeling is mutual. I don't like AI workers moving inside my country either.

Next turn he says it's an act of war (or something like that) to move my workers through his country...
                        He probably said "remove your force or declare war", you should have answered "yes, I will move my force immediately or automatically". If you answer "no", it would be war.

Why is he so scared of my little friendly workers?
                        Little friendly workers, you said? Well, there isn't anything friendly about that. They were in fact spying or blocking the movement of my units. I really hate that. They should be withdrawed immediately/automatically or else!

Comment

Yeah.. The AI treats your workers like they are soldiers.
                          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

I had this situation too...
                            One of my automated workers was doing something in Japan and they asked me to move him... I said yes and apologised but didnt move him...

Never heard anything from them since

Strange
                            Up The Millers

Comment

foreign workers present several problems:

(i) they clog up roads, slowing the civ down

(ii) they can be on top of resources to which a civ wants to extend a road

(iii) they act as spies, giving intelligence as to city size, resource location, improvements, road networks, etc.

(iv) if you have an invasion based on a surprise attack by fast movers, a good move would be to build up the road network in the cities you intend to take on the first round of war, that way you can quickly move units back to heal, move defensive units forward, etc.

bottom line - in MP, workers on my territory better move out or i'll take them. this behavior by the ai is an example of good, not bad, programming.

Comment

Working...
                              X