No announcement yet.

Decidedly average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It apears the further into Enemy the harder it is to defend, they have a few cavalry, but i'm not sure if they have saltpeter so i think their numbers are limited! It apears i didn't bring over enough riflemen, so i drafted 2 and i've begun to pick out some in Britain and sent them over the channel to the citys that are only defended by Cavalry, this allows me to attack more rapidly and in greater number each turn!

Any tips?
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Only the obvious, build more units! Research more techs! Kill more Egyptians!

Comment

ok, i've just had one whole turn without taking a city! No wait! 2, this is going realy bad! i'll probubly takeo ne next turn! I got a mass of cavalry, oh and i just got a leader! Should i use it to rush a wonder, or build army? The woner is universal sufferage, what however its spelt!

Comment

Universal Sufferage reduces war weariness in all your cities. Unless ww is a problem I'd build the Army and make it victorious so I could build the Military Academy to build more armies.

Comment

the army then, what type of units?

Comment

Two cavalry, one rifleman (unless you have some obsolete units wasting space close by.)

Comment

Unless you really need a strong defensive unit, I would recommend 3 cavalry. An all-cavalry army could move 3 spaces/turn, and I've read that all armies have the blitz ability (can attack multiple times per turn, given enough movement points).
                "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Originally posted by miccofl
                  Two cavalry, one rifleman (unless you have some obsolete units wasting space close by.)
                  Arrggh!! Gasp??!!

Sorry, not giving you grief miccofl, but this is an issue very close to my heart!

Hazie, please do not mix slow and fastmovers in an Army, as it travels at the speed of the slowest unit. miccofl is on target in recommending a mixed-unit, multi-purpose Army, but there are better combos.

Given your status, I'd go with the previously recommended Cav Army, but I'd stick with just 2. Save the third slot for a Tank down the road, and then, if you build the Pentagon, an MI or MA, depending on circumstance.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Its smarter to use the two cav for now , you can always trow more cav in later .

BTW , is there a save .

Comment

Originally posted by: Theseus
                      Sorry, not giving you grief miccofl, but this is an issue very close to my heart!
                      A disagreement on tactics could hardly be construed as giving one grief, it just illustrates the fact that we all employ different tactics and playing styles. If we all thought alike and played alike, what would be the point of PTW? Besides I think Hazie is looking for options, as in more than one.

Comment

i won't get to play on civ3 much this week, cuz i've got more course work that i've been holding back, and this is my last chance, and after this week i go on holiday for another 2 weeks! I mite see if its possible for my to just take the course work with me on holiday, since i'll be board out of my mind!

Comment

Bummer! I've been using you for my game fix while I finish my mod. Where are you going? I just ask because I'm going to New Orleans next month for a vacation. (Lots of civ there - culture , warmongering , CF , etc. - I also expect to gain 10 lb.

Comment

I'm going to Florida in America, oh god i better pack my strait jacket, don't want to kill anybody for pronouncing Adidas in a strange fashion!

EDIT: I said dog instead of god! Probubly cuz the godmode cheat for mohaa is dog.

Comment

Forget the overcoat! The heat will get you long before the IIS (idiot induced stress) just hold on until you get to the mouse and then let it all out...

Comment

where is micco? If its near the coast its not where i'm going!
                                i'm like 70miles from the coast or somthing like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X