Strategic Resources: Something new I learned today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steven8r
    One thing I am unsure about: What about Nuclear teraforming? A nuke can make desert out of just about anything--even freshwater tiles. Would this prevent a resourse from showing up?
    I believe so. Since by the time you can see Uranium, you'd also be able to see every other resource, the only new resources would be ones replacing exausted ones. And I believe someone stated that reappearing resources look at the current terrain, not the terrain from the beginning of the game, a Nuke would alter the chances of resources reappearing there.

Question: What if every land tile is desert? What happense when a resource that can't appear on desert is exausted from a spot that used to not be desert, but now is because of nuking?
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

there was oen game where i found i had one source of coal. i started roading the tile but the coal disappeared before it finished.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

If there's finite number of resourses in each game, what determines that number? What determins the resource distribution?

I played a game once (large, continants, 12 civs) were there were 8 civs including me on a donut shaped continent. There was only one source of iron on the whole continent.... Right next to Rome
        "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get" -Homer Simpson

Comment

you can look at that in the editor.. there should be 2 iron-per civ (doesn't mean YOU will have it, a civ could have 3 and you have 1. duh...)
          and if 1 disapears, it should reapear somewhere.
          zanthis, the other iron would all be on other continents, or on the same square as cities so you didn't notice it.
          only 1 on your continent is bad luck

Comment

Working...
          X