Neat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    "Calm down Nedlydidlydidlydidly. They did their best Shodidlyidlyidly.
    "The Butcher with the Sharpest knife, has the warmest heart." "Mitchell!!"

Comment

Good to see the AI is doing some good moves. It's not totally useless!!!
      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

The AIs have been doing this from the original game (unpatched)... and if you block your side of a chokepoint, they will rush to block the other side. Once such an impasse is created and an AI unit is fortified there for some time, a worker will come and build a fortress. It happens in each game with chokepoints I've played, but the chokepoint has to be 1 tile wide, they will not do it with 2-tile wide chokepoints.

But I agree, it is rather neat

DeepO

Comment

If there is a little stretch of land between two large bodies of water, I always try to build a "canal city", which allows me to move naval units from one side to the other. Such a city has important strategic value.

I wonder if the AI knows to do that?
          "God is dead." - Nietzsche
          "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

John, I've seen it happen a few times already, but have seen anough chokepoints that didn't have such a Panama city... I don't think the AI will aim for it, but it happens by accident sometimes. Once it is there, they will use it however.

DeepO

Comment

There really should be a Build Canal command to allow workers to build, on a tile next to water, a structure that allows naval units to move through that tile. You could place a land or naval unit on that tile to prevent other civs from using your canal.

And if workers could also build a canal next to any other canal, you could even allow ships to pass through 3 land tiles or more. Obviously, this should take a lot of turns to build so that players cannot build a huge canal accross an entire continent in a short time. Building a canal over a great distance should take a long time, as in real life.
              "God is dead." - Nietzsche
              "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

That's an interesting, if not new, idea John. Although I think more than one tile is rather extreme.

Too bad rivers are now set between tiles.... if they were in tiles, then there could be another worker action called Build Seaway or whatever, that would turn rivers into tiles both crossable by units and usable by sea units. That way, if say you have your capital connected to a river that connects to an ocean, than the capital would be able to build sea units. Of course, for the city to be able to use the seaway, it would need a harbour.....
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

This is very neat

Although I suggest using a sn00py gfx upgrade!

Comment

Working...
                  X