long and indepth game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long and indepth game

I am currently running a game which is very indepth. it is 180bc and alraedy all civs (8) are up to industrial age on a huge map. I have done this by reducing unit build costs, research times, given 4 free start techs, reduced corrtuption and 1 turn tile improvements (roads etc) and 10000 strating credits. Everone is declaring war on each other, alliances being made then broken. I cant keep away from it

lol! And here I thought the problem was that the tech advanced to quickly on a huge map... Sillt me...
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

I wouldn't say this is in-depth. The same things happens in Industrial age anyway, but you don't have to be there at 180bc! IMO, it spoils much fun.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: long and indepth game

Originally posted by steve p
        I am currently running a game which is very indepth. it is 180bc and alraedy all civs (8) are up to industrial age on a huge map. I have done this by reducing unit build costs, research times, given 4 free start techs, reduced corrtuption and 1 turn tile improvements (roads etc) and 10000 strating credits. Everone is declaring war on each other, alliances being made then broken. I cant keep away from it

sounds like a really fun game! but i think you gave a bit too many starting bonuses.

Comment

Why not just start the game in the Industrial Era and play Accelerated?
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            I wouldn't say this is in-depth. The same things happens in Industrial age anyway, but you don't have to be there at 180bc! IMO, it spoils much fun.
            It won't be a very long one either!

Comment

On my last game at regent, we were at modern ages at 1200ad, I was marching over the world with modern armor by 1400. That was a fun game Middles ages went by a lot faster than usual, usually middle ages takes up about 40% of my games, but it flew by, 10 AI instead of 8 though, and pangea instead of continents made the difference i suppose.
              They don't call me Springfield Fats because I'm morbidly obese!

Comment

Working...
              X