Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you stay with one Govt type all game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you stay with one Govt type all game?

Do you use one govt type all game?
    Yes, Despotism.
    3.64%
    Yes, Monarchy.
    9.09%
    Yes, Republic.
    23.64%
    Yes, Democracy.
    29.09%
    Yes, Communism.
    5.45%
    No, I have to switch back and forth.
    29.09%

Republic (used to be Democracy); switch as necessary to Communist, and back again.

I am just recently venturing into non-Religious civs on occasion by choosing 'Random' civ at the start, so switching has been SO painless!

Comment

In my lastest game, i switched to monarchy and stayed there the whole game. I more or less had to since I had a war going on for more then 3000 years now
      I might do some experimenting on different govs later in the game
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Just BTW... you can't really stay with one government throughout the whole game, with the exception of the Despotism, that is...

But I know what you mean... voted for "switch back and forth", though it is usually "switch forth"... First, Despotism to Monarchy/Republic (depends on if I wage wars in the ancient/medieval times), then to Democracy (I really dislike Communism for personal reasons... because of a first hand experience with the real world implementation... ). Used Communism just once while playing a religious civ...

Comment

I either stick with democracy or play this way for domination:

Despotism-Monarchy, -build up military

Monarchy-Republic, - after building marketplaces

Republic-Communism, -after building banks and wall street

Communism-Democracy, -after Uni Sufferage and police stations in place. I then never switch again
          "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar
            I either stick with democracy or play this way for domination:

Despotism-Monarchy, -build up military

Monarchy-Republic, - after building marketplaces

Republic-Communism, -after building banks and wall street

Communism-Democracy, -after Uni Sufferage and police stations in place. I then never switch again
            Why not just switch from Republic to Democracy and skip communism?

It is because communism is obviously superior to all types of government?
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

You saying Im a lefty?

The military support from communism often gives me more money than democracy - I build big armies. The main reason - no bloody war weariness!!!

That can be dangerous on the hard levels.
              "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

I go for democracy as soon as I can. It has too many advantages to pass up. Although I recently moved to Regent and I was forced to switch in order to battle war weariness. I guess that once you're in higher levels and the AI is more aggresive it's hard to keep one gov't throughout the game.

So long...
                Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

For warmongering i think communism rules, so i stick with it. The way it deals with corruption is cool, cause even if you have loads of cities you can still build stuff at a reasonable rate. You have to build courthouses though.

Comment

I've not found the difference between Republic and Democracy worthy of switching, so I tend to only go to Monarchy, then Republic, or straight to Republic if the tech line allows...

Venger

Comment

REPUBLIC. Low corruption. Low war weariness. Lots of trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Venger
                        I've not found the difference between Republic and Democracy worthy of switching
                        For non-religious civs, this is definitely true, although I like the higher worker rate in Democracy.

Perhaps corruption should be increased from 'nuisance' to 'problematic' in Republic (still not too big a difference from 'minimal'), so that Democracy becomes more worthwile.

BTW, has anyone tested Communism in v1.29f? It is supposed to have the double number of optimal cities now if you have built the Forbidden Palace.
                        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

jep! monarchy.
                          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I switch to either Republic or Monarchy, whichever I can get quicker. Then to Democracy. If I were to get into a prolonged war, then I would switch to either Monarchy or Communism, depending on the size and spread of my empire. Then back to Democracy when the war ends.

Comment

i stick to democracy when i've got it. because of my smaller maps (max. standard) the wars are short and intense. and i'll pay anything for luxury-based happiness. also, i'm not really a warmonger: first build everything, then make an army to give a massive blow to the next opponent (good, land, resources, etc.) and then recover.

only with religious trait, switching makes sence to me.
                              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                              X