Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you stay with one Govt type all game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm playing a non-religious civ than I switch to republic as soon as it's feasible and stick with it.

If I am playing a religious civ then I switch govts. like Queen Amidala switches hair styles.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Strange poll. Govt varies according to difficulty level and win target. If going for culture win republic will be more appealing than others. If going for long wars, you don't want republic or democracy. A govt that will work at settler level will not work as well at regent level.

NeoStar--why switch to communism? You can research communism to get police stations. If not religious civ then you don't have to wait 4-6 turns X 2 to switch to communism and switch back.

1.29 seems to have increased WW. I think some WW is good, but we need a slider scale instead of button choices. Next game I will have to either reduce WW with republic to match previous versions play or play a religious civ. With increased WW no longer can stick to republic thru the entire game.

Comment

I myself stick to a slightly moddified Republic, with a small unit support, allowing myself to keep up in a war.
        Know your enemies!
        "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

planetfall,
          When WW gets really high (and especially if you're religious), then check out communism if you haven't already. I had never touched it in Civ2, and I was pleasantly surprised in a (huge/regent/1.21) game I played. Most cities already had police stations and waste was around 15%. I had between 1.5-2.0 times Optimal Cities, I think.

I had to reduce my science spending (Modern age) but was still getting 8-12 turn rates.

Comment

I usually stay Despot until Republic; from there, Democracy. I stay in Demo through thick and thin. Wars don't bother me too much. I always keep 3-4 standing army groups (each consisting of 10 'fast' units [knight etc], 4 'defense' units [musketmen etc], and 6+ bombard units). The extra trade brought in by Democracy usually pays for the army cost. With these numbers at any given time, I make sure that war doesn't last more than 5-10 or so turns; making WW not much of an issue. I've found that quick, profitible warmongering can make Democracy more than worth while.
            Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Democracy, war wearyness dosn't bother me, even on regent.

Guess why I suck at monarch.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I use despotism and later monarchy, never communism, democracy or republic. In communism corruption is too high (I have unpatched game), in republic and democracy keeping my mighty armies costs too much.

Comment

I switch to republic and stay there.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                  X