No announcement yet.

Thank you, ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill thank Sid since he has had a lot of creative influence over a lot of games Ive loved.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

I suppose you can't go past thanking the programmers but I'd also thank Firaxis for funding the project so long to allow Jeff and co to make several patches.

Never seen so much support for one game!
      "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Just like Trip, I'd like to thank the programmers. They had probably the most difficult of tasks -- to recreate a classic game loved by millions of strategy players. And, in the end, they succeeded. You might think that this thing could be done better, or that another thing there is a good idea that could be better implemented, but I'm sure that the programmers wanted, above all, to make a fun game. And they managed to do it.

(BTW, I include the artists among the programmers, both because I don't like the expression "graphics-drawers" and because I think that the artistic design has a strong sense of unity and a subtle elegance, and that adds to the atmosphere as a whole).
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I say thanks Sid for starting the Civ series, but civ 3 has miles to go.

Dave
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I have to say thanks to Firaxis and especially to Sid that has given me along with thousands of others pleasure in gaming!

I've played tons of games in the last ten years but the sum of all hours played in Sid's games surpass al the others.

Thanks again!
            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

EDIT:

[was a rant about cracker's comments]
              Last edited by player1; July 21, 2002, 09:53.

Comment

Who want publisher in "thanks list" ?
                money sqrt evil;
                My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Thank You Brian Reyno... i mean MIKE BERKAWITZ.

hey, he's got the best name to make fun of :-D

Dan Magahagahagahagaha is a close second
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I would like to thank Libertarian and Yin26.
                    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Hacker.

It was the first version I could get my hands on. Later I bought the game but I thanked the people involved in the making by giving them money.

Thanks for not abandoning the game though!
                      Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
                        I would like to thank Libertarian and Yin26.
                        I would thank Libertarian too, for pointing how crucial is stack movment.

Comment

Well, he's not in the list but I thank Soren for the best AI I've ever seen in a TBS game (or any game at all)!

And of course all the other programers as well.

Comment

Poor jeff has only got one vote at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Hawks
                              Well, he's not in the list but I thank Soren for the best AI I've ever seen in a TBS game (or any game at all)!

And of course all the other programers as well.
                              I would vote for Soren too, if he was on list.

Comment

Originally posted by frostycreep
                                Poor jeff has only got one vote at the moment!
                                Aww...I'll give him another...
                                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X