No announcement yet.

Thank you, ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think the programmers deserve kudos, if for no other reason than continuing to write patches for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar

Never seen so much support for one game!
      Rofl. There are lot of other games out there...in particular ones from Blizzard, that have been far better suppported than Civ3.

Ofcourse, civ3 has been far better supported than say anything to do with the CTP series. So good work to Firaxis on that count.

However, given the rather incomplete nature of civ3 when it was first released...it would have been something of a very cruel joke if they hadn't supported it via patches.
      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

programmers are always given waaaay to little credit - so thanks to them (--> my vote)

artists did a great work too, but i play the game for game reasons, not for artistican reasons. just the map (snoopy's graphicsmod) and the units (maybe with battle animation) would have been enough for me personally. i don't need ghandhi and lizzy breating down my neck to enjoy the game. but still: humourous animations

sid meier has to be thanked for the idea of civilization (TM). often copied, never reached

thanks to bill gates? why? C++ can be compiled on mac and linux too
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Didn't we all pay $50+ for this game?

Our thanks came from our billfold - I hardly think Firaxis deserves a "thank you" thread in which the gamers cream their pants over the product. Yes, Civ 3 is a cool game BUT I hardly think I got more than my money's worth. If anything, Firaxis should be thanking US for all the interest and PATIENCE (aren't YOU still waiting for multi-player)? I'm 24, and in all my years as a gamer I've never seen a game that requires the consumer to RECONFIGURE the damn product, month after month after month. Some of you may enjoy tinkering with the backend of Civ 3 - but me, I'm no mad scientist - and Civ 3 is the Frankenstein I never asked for in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Incan_Warrior
            Didn't we all pay $50+ for this game?
            Didn't.
            money sqrt evil;
            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Working...
            X